Chapter 38- Summer

Chapter 38-Summer

I felt something that I haven't felt in a long time and it doesn't make any sense to me. I know Harry is practically a stranger and a neighbor. I barely know him anymore, but I can tell he still has feelings or something for me. His eyes were glued to me as I talked to everyone. Harry didn't talk to me since I walked into the door earlier and he was watching from the sidelines, not participating in the action like he usually did when we were together.

I went to talk to him and told him what I thought. He must have thought I was insinuating something so I apologized then I kissed him on the cheek. I couldn't help myself so I kissed him on the lips. The kiss brought so many memories and now I wonder as I drive back to my flat across town why did I ever leave him. I thought it took four months to rebuild myself back up and then get back to normal at least to the way things were before. I had a hell of a time to figuring things out which was why I didn't do anything for Christmas. I told my parents on my mobile that I was caught up in homework and I caught the flu. I half-lied to them because I didn't want anyone feeling sorry for me for anything that happened last December.

I drive home with Harry on my mind and then Tim comes to mind. What do I even say to Tim? He's so sweet and everything, but I feel like I'm going to hold him back from his dreams. Tim has told me that he wants to own a huge business company someday and a family. Yes, I want kids and my dreams to come true, but I don't know what to say. He has told me that he would wait for me and he loves me, but does he really? I do not doubt him or anything; I just think it would be too soon to think like that honestly. I didn't even tell Harry that I loved him or anything even though he has told me once. The time we were in the hospital.

Everything has changed since 18 December 2013 though. It's not like I can tell him I'm sorry and he will take me back. What would I tell Tim? I don't even know anymore because there are two guys in my head. Harry and I have a history and we were friends. Tim and I just met and we are new history. One thing is for certain that I love Harry. I am in love with Harry despite my age and what everyone else says. Harry has always made me feel different and I can't change the way I feel for him. Tim is so sweet and he deserves better. I don't him to feel like a rebound because that's not fair to him. I need to tell Tim the truth about how I feel and what's going on.

I needed to call someone else first. My parents were right about Harry and everything. My mum has been staying in London for awhile because some art competitions and stuff. My mum and dad were best friends and they still are. I call my parents and after three rings, a voice answers. "Summer?" My father asks in a gruff voice. "Yea, it's me. Sorry for the late hour. I need to tell you something." I replied. I heard crackling at the end of the other line. "Go ahead, we're listening. You're on speaker." I heard. I don't know how to say it or how they will react. I might as well just tell the truth, like ripping off a band-aid, really fast. "I still love Harry." I said, rushing the sentence. "What was that? I, what?" My mum spoke. "I still love Harry. I'm in love with Harry." I said slowly. There was an abrupt pause. "Hello?" I said, thinking I lost reception. "I told you so. I could see it in her eyes and his." My father said, talking to my mum. "What are you going to do?" My mum said while yawning.

What would I do? What about Tim? Tim and I have been on dates and gotten close. I like Tim a lot, but I'm in love with Harry. "Eventually, I would have to tell them both the truth. In the end, someone will be disappointed." I said. "Both?" My father questioned. "Tim, dad. Remember the movers?" I said. "Yes he does, he's pulling your leg and you always for it. Just let tell him the truth, but take an easy on Tim. He's a sweet boy. You don't want to hurt him like Chad hurt you." My mother reminds me of my ex and he was the worst. He was and is myopic and never cared about anyone, but his reputation and his family's money.