Chapter 1-Summer

Chapter 1- Summer

-Months Later- Middle of August

My life is absolutely perfect and I wouldn't change a freaking thing. Are you shitting me? My life is not perfect, but it is practically ordinary like any other teenager in this sleepy little town. I have a decent amount of friends, I am waiting for when my parents tell me it is okay to start college, and everything seems wonderful the way it is. I am shy, hard-working seventeen year old student that lives in Florida with my mum. I graduated earlier than I was supposed to because my parents put me in school a year earlier than I was supposed to and I skipped 2nd grade. I am just waiting until the right time to go to Uni. My dad works in London and comes home occasionally to check up on my mum and me. Most of the time, my father does miss my award ceremonies, art competitions, and other things that were important to me because his work interfered with the things that were imperative to me.

My parents have loved each other for a long time, but recently, I am not really sure. You can freaking hear them scream and yell at each other through the freaking walls. I hear both of my parents talking at one moment, and then I hear screaming and yelling. They have been fighting every time dad comes home. Dad has been coming home more and more often because they are working with the court for a divorce and they are hiring lawyers for the case. I have not the slightest clue why I know this. I wrap my pillow around my head to try to muffle the screaming and yelling. Shut up, Shut the hell up! My conscious moans. I never feel good after the fighting because I get some bad headaches. I have never liked fighting at all. Do you think I need to freaking hear this, I ask myself rhetorically. I wish I was eighteen, so I can move out into a flat of my own and start Uni. My parents won't let me live on my own until I was eighteen and I had a job that can pay for all of the utilities. I have a job as a waitress for a bistro bar downtown. The restaurant is really popular and I get paid very well. My mum has been freaking out about me leaving home so soon because I am so young. Sometimes I hear both of my parents fighting about me whether I should go to Uni and live on my own yet. I don't want to hear the fighting anymore. I put my headphones on and listened to Demi's song, Don't Really Care. I listen to the lyrics instead the song itself.

You wanna play, you wanna stay, you wanna have it all

You started messing with my head until I hit a wall

Maybe I should've known, maybe I should've known

That you would walk, you would walk out the door, hey!

Said we were done, and met someone and rubbed it in my face

Cut to the part she broke your heart, and then she ran away

I guess you shoulda known, I guess you shoulda known

That I would talk, I would talk

But even if the stars and moon collide

I never want you back into my life

You can take your words and all your lies

Oh oh oh! I really don't care

But even if the stars and moon collide

I never want you back into my life

You can take your words and all your lies

Oh oh oh! I really don't care

I can't believe I ever stayed up writing songs about you

You don't deserve to know the way I used to think about you

Oh no, not anymore, oh no, not anymore