Chapter 31- Harry

Chapter 31-Harry

Two wrongs don't make a right, right? I mean I got jealous and decided to make her jealous unintentionally. I didn't tell Summer about it instead I wanted to fight fire with fire. I didn't mean it to happen, but it did. Marie was telling me a funny joke that I could write in my journal and I wrapped my arm around her shoulder. My arm then snaked to her waist pulling her close to me. I didn't notice Summer was standing in front of us until she pulled Marie and they walked into the closet.

They started to talk and then ended up yelling at each other. Nate was standing next to Summer's mum and they were clueless of what's going on. Marie came out and said, "Nate, we have to go. Mom called us home because the dog got loose again." They waved goodbye and left. Within minutes, Summer came out of the closet and walked upstairs without saying a word or looking in my direction.

"What happened?" Sophie asked. "I have no idea. I'm going to find out." I said, walking to the stairs. I walk up and I open the door. She was laying on her bed with her eyes closed. Her face was red and puffy. Tears were falling everywhere. I want to hold her in my arms and tell her that everything is alright. I want to wipe the tears from face and make an effort to have that flashing smile that I miss very much on her face.

"We need to talk." I said. I just want to know a few things and I want to be able to fix the problem. She sat up and opened her eyes. "What is it?" She asked, wiping the tears on her face. I sat on the edge of the bed and she was by the pillows on the other side. We drew a distance marker and I'm surprised that she didn't come any closer. I sighed and fumbled my thumbs. "What were you and Chad doing in the truck yesterday?" I asked in a serious tone. With her facial expression, she wasn't expecting me to ask.

"We were talking. That's all we were doing. Talking." She stated. My eyes turn cold and dark which is unfamiliar to her. I don't believe her for a second. How could you talk to someone so close? You could put a distance between each other. Why was she even with him? I'm her boyfriend, not him. "Why were you with him in the first place?" I said coldly. "He didn't know I was coming and he wanted to hang out. Nothing happened." She said bluntly. I want to believe her, but at the same time I know she is lying. "How about Marie and the shoulder scenario? Did you think I was not going to notice and not be mad about it?" She said, firing back. I didn't know she was going to mention this at all.

"It's a friendly gesture and I didn't know you were jealous." I explained. Was I jealous? "Jealous of what?" She scoffed in disbelief. "Jealous that I could find someone else better than you." I said, cutting myself off when I realized what I have said. I couldn't believe what I said and the words that came out after the damage was done. "I'm so sorry, Sum—" I trailed. "Get out." She said coldly. "Sum—" I said. "Get out, Harry" She said, raising my voice. I sighed and left the room.

Her mom was on the bottom step and see just looked at me. "I'm sorry." I choked out. She came over and gave me a hug. "She's really sensitive and she gets that from her father. You should let her cool down because Marie texted me and she got in fight with her because her array of emotions." A fight? She fought about me in the closet? She was bashing on Marie for something that she didn't do. This was my fault and I am the only one to blame. I should have believed her. "She is extremely loyal and she wouldn't hurt you. She has lost hope for love because her previous relationship." Previous relationship? Lost hope?

I shook my head in disbelief of what I just have done. This is all my fault. "What past relationship?" I asked. "She was with a guy named Chad Donohue if I remember correctly. She found the guy kissing her ex best friend when they were dating. To him, it was all a game for her to date him. She said it was some bet they made I guess. She cried for days and couldn't get over for days. Eventually, she became mute with her teachers and schoolmates. I got phone calls about it and they were worried. I haven't seen her so happy in a long time because of him. When you came into her life, she seemed happier than she was in a long time. I have missed the huge smile on her face and it hasn't disappeared in days. Anyway, Nate told me a few minutes ago before the fued, she had to face him again at the game. He gripped her to the fence and started to kiss her while he was drunk." She explained.