Chapter 29-Harry

Chapter 29-Harry

"Mum, I promise that I will be fine. I have to travel to L.A. in a few days anyways so I was going on a little vacation before I have to leave." I repeat to my mother as she hugs me and cries on my shoulder. "Okay, call me when you can," She said, kissing my cheek. I walk away from her, heading towards the terminal. I wave to her and she walks away with my step-father and my sister, Gemma. I spent two weeks with them and they don't want me to leave again.

I had Mr. Claysworth lie to Summer and tell her that I was in Japan working with the studio. He agreed to pick me up in Ft. Lauderdale as soon as I land. He said he had work near-by so he could pick me up on the way home. I bought my ticket online two weeks ago with him sitting by me to tell me what day is good to come over. A week before 1D-Day is what we both agreed on and Summer had vacation until the Tuesday after 1D-Day. I could spend Saturday until Friday with her then I would have to fly to L.A. I have missed her so much and I am so ready to see her again after so many months.

I am ready to make up for all the month anniversaries I have missed. I want to hug her and have her close to me forever. I know I will have to leave her again in April of next year, but it is only November. I want time to freeze so I can be by her side forever. It would be nice to see her in person again instead seeing her face through a window on a computer or a phone screen. I have been getting more and more dreams about us which means I miss her so much. I kept her on my mind during the tour because her on my mind was the only way I could get through my days without her. I admit that I am a lovesick puppy and I want to be with her again and forever. I walk on the plane and sit in my seat. I wait to get over the ocean blue to be able to be closer to my girl again.

I was way too excited to see Summer that I didn't sleep. I tried to read some books and write some lyrics for some new songs. I didn't come up with much, but it was a start. I was reading books that I noticed on Summer's bookshelf. I was able to finish The Fault in Our Stars, but I cried at the end. It was not an easy to be able finish the book without crying. Her eyes always light up with excitement and jubilation every time she talks about a book that she has read. I want to be able to have a conversation with her about books and anything that she wants to talk about. She's finally talks about modern music and older music like Stevie Wonder or Journey.

We land and I was one of the first people off the plane because the faster I move, the faster I will see her. I look for her father and I see him in a Ramones T-shirt with jeans and he smiles when he sees me. I rush towards him and shakes his hand. Unexpectedly, he hugs me and takes my bag. "How's your family?" He asks. "They're well. They were happy that I came home before I came over here." I said truthfully. He nods and keeps walking through the airport to get to his car. "It would take about 2 hours to get there, by the way. You will see her soon enough." He said, starting the ignition. I groan because I didn't realize that I had to wait another 2 hours to see her again. It is only 11 AM which means that I will get to see her by 1 PM.

He turns on the radio and a familiar song plays. I listen to harmony of the song and the piano at the beginning. I listen closely to the lyrics as Bruce Springsteen begins to sing You're Missing.

Shirts in the closet, shoes in the hall

Mama's in the kitchen, baby and all

Everything is everything

But you're missing

Coffee cups on the counter, jackets on the chair

Papers on the doorstep, but you're not there