Chapter 22- Summer

Chapter 22- Summer

I wake up in a bed, it's not mine. Where am I? As I think about where I am and what happened, it suddenly hits me with a ton of bricks. A flashback comes to mind.

Niall and I had a really good time. We were dancing to Sail by AWOLNATION which Perrie showed me on the mashups. I start to get really thirsty. Niall is dancing really close and it makes me a bit of uncomfortable. "Niall, I will be right back," I said to him. He gives me a pout face, and then smiles. I walk over to the bartender and asked for a cup of water.

The bartender smiles and then hands me the drink. The man doesn't look over 25 years old and he is checking out a seventeen year old. There's something wrong with that guy. I walk back to Niall to see him dancing with another girl. The girl has similar features to me, but it's not me. Niall leans in to kiss her and she kisses him back. The girl I saw was Carla. I dropped my water because I was in complete shock. I bolt for the door and hoping no one saw me run out.

I need to get out of here. I need to leave this club. I want to go home and read Tolstoy to myself as I cry myself to sleep. How could he do that to me? I thought we were friends. I wanted to be even more than friends after tonight, but it was not going to happen after the shit he just pulled. I walked out to the streets in the heart of London as I heard someone call my name. I don't want to look back, so I keep stumbling in these heels. Harry was right about everything. He sent me a presage message to warn me to be careful.

Someone grabbed my shoulder and turned me around to face them. It was Harry, looking at me with concerned, green eyes. "Can I go home?" I sniffle. "Yes, I will take you home," he said to me while brushing the tears off of my cheeks. "Taxi," He yells as he holds me in his arms like when I had a bad day. He gave the man his address and he starts to drive. Hopefully, I can go home and read Tolstoy as soon as possible.

An hour has passed and we are still in the taxi on a Friday night in the heart of London due to traffic jams. I felt my phone vibrate a few times, but I didn't bother to answer my phone. It might be my mother and if it is, I will call her later. Hopefully, no one noticed that we left because I don't want to explain what happened between Niall and me.

I am holding on to Harry as I cry on his shoulder. I feel my tears wet his shirt. Why am I so stupid to fall for the wrong people?"Why? Why do I always fall for the wrong guy?" I whimper to myself. Harry must have heard so he lifts my chin off of his shoulder.

"You don't notice what you have in front of you right now. It's hard to notice the things in front of you. You have to take a step back to realize it," he said to me. Someone has told me this before. I think it was Marie when she was trying to show me that my life was not as horrible as I thought it was. His voice snapped my train of thought. "Summer, don't you see that I really like you. Ever since I met you, I just wanted to know more about you. I want to be with you."He said. Those were the words he told me when he was drunk. He wasn't lying to me at all, he really does care. I am beyond shocked, my mouth drops and my hands go up to my mouth. I start to sob more as he said the precious words he has said before.

He lifts my chin up once again. He realizes that I have a smile on my face and the tears that are coming down are tears of happiness. "Harry, I have liked you since I first moved here. I didn't realize my feelings until you were with Carla. I have liked you more and more since that night, "I confessed. The smile has reached my eyes and I can feel everything lift off my shoulders as I tell him how I really feel.

"I have been waiting for you to say that. Summer Claysworth, would you do me the honor of being my girlfriend?"He asks me. I gave him an unsure look because I wasn't sure whether I should go back into a relationship again or not. Before I know it, I end up nodding and smiling. His lips collide with mine as soon as I nod. I give more into the kiss as I feel the sparks flying. The kiss was sweet and gentle and probably one of the best kisses that I have ever had. The taxi stops and so do we. We get out and he stops in his tracks as he heads to my house.