Chapter 10-Summer

Chapter 10-Summer

I haven't heard too much from Harry since he had to leave my flat to talk to Liam and the lads. I have been keeping my mind occupied because I do not any of my bad memories to come back into my mind like what has happened many times before.

I have been spending time with my grandmother. It is so nice to have her around again. I tell her everything that has been happening. I have not told her any bad memories, just the good ones. I gave her a landscape painting of the beach in Naples that I brought with me from home. She loved it because it reminded her when she used to go on vacation in Florida. She can't go on vacation anymore because she is sick from what she tells me.

It's now a Wednesday night and I don't have anything to do. I decided to go out and find something to do. I grab my jumper, my purse, and my keys. I locked the door. My dad has not been home in a while. He left Saturday for another "meeting" and I was going to ask my grandmother or Kate about Dad's job but I kept forgetting to ask.

I walk to the coffee shop. I decided to buy a hot chocolate and left. I walk home and I see all the cars home next door. I thought it would be the perfect time to meet the lads. I have not met them yet. It has been more than a week since I moved here. I knocked on the door and Harry answered. He seemed to be surprised to see me.

"Hi there." I said shyly.

"Hey, how are you?" he asked while leaning on the door frame.

"I'm doing okay. How about yourself?" I replied with a small smile while my hand was in my jumper. My other hand was holding the cup of the warm hot chocolate that warms up my hand on this cold winter night.

"I've been busy with the lads. So what brings you here?"

"I thought it would be a good idea to the lads especially I keep hearing about them and I have been in the neighborhood for a while now. I don't know anyone besides you and my grandmother across the street." I mumbled while looking at the ground. I watched my body swayed back and forth.

He lifted my chin and allowed me to come into the flat. I walked to the living room where everyone is talking.

"Everyone, this is Summer, our neighbor next door." Harry announced from behind me.

"Hi Summer, nice to meet you." Everyone said to me in unison while looking at me. They resumed their conversations afterwards. I sat down by the lad with blonde hair and blue eyes that was similar to mine. I saw him before but I did not remember his name.

"I'm Niall. I really loved your cookies by the way." I giggled because I was thinking about the day I first saw him.

"Thank you, Niall." I replied with a friendly smile.

"Could you make more sometime, please?" He begged me with puppy dog eyes. I am a sucker for puppy dog eyes and I used them all the time on my parents.

"Sure. I really loved your reaction when you took the cookies away from me." I said truthfully.

We both laughed while thinking of him running away with the plate of cookies.

"Summer, this is Liam, Sophia, Perrie, Zayn, Eleanor, Louis, and Carla." Niall said while smiling in my direction.

"It's very nice to meet you all. " I put on my best smile.

I assumed they were the lads' girlfriends because they are holding hands, and sitting real close to each other. Their heads were close and were about to snog. Carla was standing by the staircase by herself so I assumed that she was just a friend. I walked over to Carla and started talking.

"How do you know Harry and the lads?"

"We all have known for a while now. We have went to award shows together but as of today, Harry and I are officially a couple." She said happily. Her smile reached to her cheeks but did not reach her eyes.

"I'm really happy for you both." I said.

I really was not happy though. Why was I upset? Why did I even care that Harry and Carla were together? I'm not in love with Harry. Harry is just a friend and only a friend. I feel an empty spot where my heart supposed to be. I have never felt this before. I shake off the feeling and I walked over to Niall.

Niall and I continued to talk about a lot of things like food, music, and a bunch of things. We laughed hysterically about the random things we talked about. We have so many things in common. I saw it was 1 AM and I was getting tired. I said good night to everyone and went home.

On the way home, I thought about everything that happened tonight. I finally met the lads and I was happy with them. I have not had so fun for a while. The thing I just realized when I turned to see Harry was that he was staring at me. He had his arms cross standing near Carla. He seemed to be jealous but why would he be jealous. What is he jealous of?

****

I woke up with the biggest headache. This will be a long day. I had fun last night but not all fun lasts forever. I got up and went downstairs. I grabbed a muffin since Kate was busy picking up groceries. I knew because she left a note for me. I felt like doing nothing today. Dad is gone again. He always MIA to me and he's barely around like he used to be. It seems to be normal like when I used to live in the States. He would come home for short periods of time. Otherwise, he's gone most of the time.

I decided to go run some errands because there are things I need to pick up anyway. I have been dying to pick up some more art supplies so I can work on some new projects. I got changed, pulled my hair back, grabbed my stuff, and left the house. The place I go to first is the arts and crafts shop to pick up some more art supplies. I was running low on everything anyway. I paid for the supplies. I walked around the town and I sat on the bench for a while. I took out my sketchpad and starting drawing. I did not know what I was drawing at that very moment. I ended up drawing Big Ben and then suddenly I heard guitar playing. I got up from the bench and was following the music. The song was familiar to my ears and the tempo was something recognizable to me. It was coming from the shop nearby and the song playing was Let it Be by the Beatles. It was one of my favorite songs of all time because it reminded me of the happy moments of my life. I walked in the store and I saw him...blonde hair and blue eyes.....Niall.

________________________________________________

Hey guys! I have a new cover up now and I really like it! I hope you guys have a good day! Love you!

Update: Friday