Chapter 5- Summer

Chapter 5 -Summer

I walk across the street and knock on the door and it's an elderly lady. I gave her a simple smile and say, "I just moved here from the States. I'm Mark Clayson's daughter, Summer. "

The lady's eyes opened wide when I said daughter. She let me come in. I have no idea what's going on. Also, why does she look so familiar to me? Have I seen her before? Have I seen her before, maybe not recently, but in the past like a decade ago? I think really hard to remember who she is.

-Flashback-

I was five years old. I was playing with my dolls in my room until mom called me for dinner. She said "We have a guest tonight so be on your best behavior." I walk to the table and see it's an older lady that had dad's eyes.

We talked at dinner about my first year of school and everything that has happened in my life. I have never seen her before or maybe I have but I do not remember. "What's your name?" I asked her cutely. I am 5 years old and everything I say is pretty adorable. She awed and then she said "Lorena, I'm your daddy's mummy." "How are you related to me?" I asked curiously. "Love, I am your Gram. Gram is short for grandmother. You can call me anything you want."

After we finished dinner, she asked me to show her my room. My room was a light green and had white borders. I had a canopy bed with a light pink bedspread. My dolls were on the floor where I left them before I went to eat dinner. "Oh! What a lovely room you have, dearie! I love the color." I smiled and I sat on the floor with my dolls. "What do you want to do, grandmummie?" I asked her. She crouched down to my level and said to me, "Anything you want to." I couldn't figure out what I wanted to do until an idea popped into my head. A fashion show was the idea that popped into my head. She picked out some outfits that I would wear to be the model. I took one and changed and went to show her. "How marvelous!" She replied to every costume I wore. I changed into the princess costume which was the final costume. I ran into the room and said, "Lookie, grandmummie! I am a princess." I twirled around in a circle to show her the ball gown. "You're missing something." She said to me. I looked at her confused and tilted my head to the right while looking at her. She walked over to the dresser and came back with a tiara in her hand. "Every princess needs her tiara." She said to me while putting the tiara on my little head. I smiled and hugged her.

Mummy came into my room to get ready for bed. I ran into the bathroom and got changed into my pajamas and Grandmommie was still in my room. She was sitting on the chair beside the bed. I ran to her side and she lifted me into her lap. She took the covers off the bed and put me into bed. "Grandmummie? Where's granddaddy?" She looked at me surprised because she had no idea that I am a curious child and I would ask that. "He's on vacation, love. "she replied. "Where?" She pointed up to the sky. "In space?" I said which sounded like a question. "Yes, love. He always wanted to be an astronaut." She said and then she started sobbing. I hugged her to try to comfort her and she hugged me back. "Goodnight, princess. I will see you in the morning." She turned off the light and shut the door quietly. I fell asleep and had dreams about granddaddy in space. I realized when I was older that granddad died of brain cancer when I was two years old. I knew she would not want to explain that her love of her life is dead and that's why she cried the night I asked her that question.

-The next morning-

I woke up with a smile on my face because the dream I had about granddaddy. We ate breakfast with grandmummie and she got her bags. I had no idea what was going on after mummy told me that we were going for a car ride. I got changed and got into the car seat. Grandmummie was next to me telling me stories about the vacations she took when she was younger. We got to the strange place which I did not know then. It was the airport and grandmummie got her bags from the trunk of the car.

We got to the terminal and I was in daddy's arms. Grandmummie turned to us and gave daddy, mummy, and me a hug. Daddy put me on the floor as soon as grandmummie was walking away with her bags. "Grandmummie!" I exclaimed. She turned around with a question mark across her face and I toddled towards her. She dropped her bags and gave me a big hug. "Promise me, you will always be a wonderful girl to everyone especially your parents. You're a princess inside and out." She smiled. My mummy and daddy came over to take me home. They held my hands and I turned around once more to see grandmummie waving at me then she turned and walked to security.

I have not seen grandmummie since then. I would receive birthday and Christmas presents in the mail from her. I started receiving letters from her about her life and how much she misses me when I was in the second grade. My eyes would light up every time I saw a gift or a letter that had a tag which said, "Love Grandmummie Lorena".

-End of flashback-

I smiled at the reminiscing memories."Hello?" she said while waving her hand around my face. "Sorry, I was thinking about something. What was your question?" I said calmly and quickly. She repeated what she said, "Do you remember who I am?" Should I tell her the truth that I remember her? Should I not say a word to her? What should I do? I ended up nodding without putting too much thought into it.

She hugged me really tight. It was so tight I had to say "Grandmum.... room.... getting... darker... Lorena" before I fainted. She let go quickly and I started to gasp for air. I guess she was happy to see me. "I'm so sorry for not coming around much. My home is here and sometimes it's very hard for me to get out of here. I would have loved to see you grow up into the wonderful and beautiful young women you are."

I understood what she said. After all, she walked to the door with a cane. We talked about everything that has happened in our lives for the past decade. We ate some of the cookies Kate and I made. I had a curious question so I asked. "Are there any neighbors that I should know?" She shook her head no and explained that she never got out of the house.

All the people that used to live on this street moved away a couple of years ago. We continued talking about her traveling experiences and my art competitions. It was around 5pm when we were finished talking. I got up to leave, but she stopped me.

"Summer, I want you to have something." She walked out of the room and came back with a necklace that was probably was in our family for years. It was a beautiful necklace with a heart pendant. I hugged her and said thank you. She put it on for me and then I walked out the door. I'm still wondering whether I should go to the house next door. Without too much thinking, I walk next door.

I knocked on the door which is the flat next door to mine. I see the knob turning and it was about to open. I hear the door unlock and see a blonde boy with blue eyes open the door. I said hello and asked him if he wanted a cookie. He shook his head so vigorously that I thought it would fall off. He told me to come in. He snatched the plate and ran away. I guess he really loves food like I do. I giggled a little bit because of his reaction and him running away with the plate.

This house is about the same size as mine. I start walking around. They have everything in this flat; I don't think I ever want to leave. I started to look at some pictures of the blonde guy, his friends, and family. Then I hear a voice behind me say "Hello, love." I knew exactly who it was. I slowly turned around and I saw his green eyes. It was Harry.

________________________________________________________________________________

Hey guys! Sorry I had internet issues last night and I could not post. I have been busy with a lot of things lately. Anyways, Summer called her grandmother grandmummie because she is British from her dad's side of the family and she was very young. There is a mix of British and American English because her mom is American and her dad is British. I'll explain more of that later on in the book. There is a gif of Lorena on the sidebar. The next chapter will probably be moved to next Friday because I did not get as much time as I wanted to work on it. Vote, comment. share or follow if you loved the chapter or any part of the book. I really hoped you enjoyed it! She will have more flashbacks because certain things made her the way she is. I hope you have a great day/night where ever you are in the world!

Next Update: Friday

XX

-TSM