Chapter 37-Harry

Chapter 37-Harry

From what I heard recently, Summer moved out of her house by Christmas Eve and she was living near Uni. Seriously, that's good for her because the pain will lessen for me. It's already the 23rd of April and I leave for tour in two days. I was living in L.A. for awhile to get away from everyone and everything. Yes, it was great living there, but everything reminds me of her. I came back to London a few days ago for a charity auction and rehearsals before we leave.

I do admit that I have missed her a lot and I have thought of her a lot. I want her to be stronger for someone else and I couldn't handle her being so weak and myopic. I never said it was a bad thing. What I meant that she is self-involved which isn't a bad thing, she just egocentric and she is preoccupied with her own life. I understand that she has priorities of her own, but I wish she could make the effort and time to be with me, but then again I haven't either. There hasn't been an us for 4 months now. Summer and I pretty much complete strangers.

I tried texting her and she changed her number because the number I called said it was disconnected. The boys have been disappointed too because Summer hasn't contacted any of them. I have no contact with her except Twitter and I don't try to communicate with her because I know she wouldn't answer. I check on how she is doing because I am concerned as friend when I shouldn't be. I checked her Twitter again and there was a tweet saying that she got a job and the Uni life is better. I'm glad she is happy and doing very for herself. I asked the boys for any way contact her besides Twitter and the answer was through her father otherwise the answer was no. I went to talk her father and he said that she is doing well and that was all that mattered. There was no way of finding out how is she is without finding her.

Niall mentioned that her friend and Niall's girlfriend after many pleads mentions Summer's Uni was twenty two minutes from her Uni. Summer's English teacher is Lexi's uncle and knows when Summer goes to her uncle's class. Today was the day that goes to his class. I walk to the coffee shop across the street. I sit in front of the café and watch the doors of the university and I don't see her walk out.

When I was going to walk away, I see her laughing and smiling like she was when we were together. She left Lexi and then met up with a guy. The guy was broad and muscular and he was smiling wide as she leaped into his arms. He kissed her forehead and walked in the direction towards the coffee shop. They didn't notice me unlike other people. I was upset to see her with someone else and jealous because the guy had her and I didn't.

I tried to push the feelings down, but there was avoiding the way I feel for her. They hop into a vehicle and drive away. I sighed and walked down a block to a Starbucks. All I could do is sigh and lean against the building. I couldn't even walk inside to face anymore people. Eventually, I was able to walk in the Starbucks after an thirty minutes of staring into space.

There was commotion going on as usual. The music was slowly playing in the background along with coffee makers and grinding doing their jobs. I walk to the counter. "Hello, May I take your order?" The barista said. I didn't look into her eyes because my eyes were bloodshot from all of the crying I have done when I saw Summer. "Yea, I will take a green tea latte in a grande cup with 2% milk." I stated. I dug into my pocket and found the pounds I needed to pay the coffee. "3.12 pounds. And your name?" She said. "Harry." I said, paying the barista. I looked up and it was her. Summer was serving my drink and she already knew my name without asking me. "Hi Harry. Your drink will be ready in a few. Grande Green Tea Latte." She said to me and then called the drink to the other barista.

I was beyond shocked to see her here when I saw her walking off with someone else before I came here. I sat at the counter of the place and she handed me the drink. She started to wipe up the counters behind the bar and the sinks before she wiped the counter that I am sitting at. "How are you?" I spoke up. "Me? I'm doing well. I moved a few minutes away and got this job. And yourself?" She asked. I wish I could tell her the truth and tell her that I was not doing so great. She waited for my answer without saying a word. "Yea. I'm doing fine. I leave for tour in two days." I mention. "That's great. You're living the dream. Any relationships with you and the lads." She inquires. I can tell that she still cares about us even though we don't talk much. She looks at me like she is staring into my soul and plucking out everything.