Chapter 16- Summer

Chapter 16- Summer

I had a fantastic day with my dad. I start to think about the relationship that I have with my father. A quote came to mind while thinking about it. "Love was like notches on a speaker that could be cranked up and down, the decibels of desire, the frequencies of feeling. Sometimes she thought that she might have cranked it all the way up and broken the dial before the music had even started." The quote was by Alice Pung in Her Father's Daughter. I have read the book multiple times, but this quote was my favorite in the whole book. He used to tell me that love can reach all distances and you can love someone over the distances. He always reminds me that before he left for business trips. He is absolutely right because our love for each other was strong, but the love is stronger than ever.

He started to teach me the basic of how to play piano. I started to learn some songs based on the stuff we went over. It was wonderful to be able to spend time with him because we don't get to do that as much as we used to. Dad and I used to have Father Daughter dates to make up every time he missed something. He always insisted to do something fun to make up the disappointment that was in my eyes after an event. I fully understand why he couldn't make it to all of those events. He was working to keep food on our plates, a roof over our family's head, and he was building up his reputation in the music industry. My mind is reminiscing on the magnificent memories that we both shared throughout the years. Today was also a part of the memories that are being replayed in my mind.

I forget about everything that happened in my past and everything that happened right before I moved to London. I think about the book Insurgent by Veronica Roth when I think about forgetting my past. "My name will be Edith Prior," she says. "And there is much I am happy to forget." I hope to be willing to forget my past like Edith did. I have seen so many things that I could forget. I would only take away the bad ones if I could. At the same time, I wouldn't be the person that I am today. I wouldn't Summer Lorena Claysworth. I would be Summer but a different version. Now that I think about it, I wouldn't change anything at all.

What did the lads next door do today? I wondered. I went to my room because I was exhausted and I didn't want to do any more piano at the moment. I went to check the messages on my phone. There were from Niall.

From Nialler :p : Hey, the party is at Friday at 7. See you then or before then.

From Nialler :p : I could pick you up with the lads and their dates so you don't have to worry about getting a ride. You probably are busy so I will talk to you soon.

The messages were from Niall about the date next week. He didn't say too much about it. His message was very vague and equivocal. I am confused about what to wear. Oh shit, I didn't get a dress yet either. I will figure about it later.

I head into the art studio, I grabbed one of my sketch books and walked towards to the bench by the window. I got bored and I ended up drawing a hibiscus. I miss seeing those flowers because it's too cold to have them here. Hibiscus grows in the tropical regions. Too bad I can't see them right now. I could probably be able to look it up on the computer but I wouldn't. I am not good with computers and computers are not good to me. I end up getting frustrated because something horrible happens. I would want to see a real hibiscus and be able to touch it with my fingertips not pixels on a computer screen. A pounding noise interrupts my thoughts about the hibiscus. I ignore it because I am hearing things. I need to get my ears check. My mind is playing games with me again.

I resumed drawing the flower on the sketch pad and then I hear it again continuously. One after another. Click, Click, Click. The noise gets louder and louder. I look through the window and I see rock being thrown at the window. I see Zayn, Liam, and Louis.