~ Seventeen ~

SEVEN. K. YOU ALL ARE TOO MUCH!! OH MY GOD, WHY DO YOU READ THIS CRAP!? I CAN'T BELIEVE... 7K!?!? I LOVE YOU GUYS!! THANK YOU!!! I CAN'T EXPRESS HOW MUCH THIS MEANS THROUGH A SCREEN, BUT HOPEFULLY I'LL GET THE POINT ACROSS IF I SCREAM THIS IN ALL CAPS!! THANK YOU ALL SO MUCH

I'm sorry I left for so long, I was dealing with a lot of depressing shit, but that's okay now, I'm back. ^^

___

He grabbed your hand.

You weren't used to this, you'd never been in a relationship like this before. Not as an adult. As a young teen, yes, but you hadn't been in any relationship since you were seventeen. You could vaguely remember the boy you had been with.

You were running. Where?

You'd had crushes before. Liked people to a serious degree. You had never fallen in love. You didn't believe in some "high school sweetheart," just teenage boys dealing with a war of hormones as their sexual attraction ran wild.

He wasn't talking. Everything was blue-green, like you were underwater. But, you were dry.
Where were you?
What were you running from?
And, why?

It wasn't for his popularity. It was for him. You'd never heard of someone so passionate about their fans and work, never seen someone with such a strong willpower to make others happy. To keep them alive.

His mouth was moving, but he wasn't talking. You were out of breath, so out of breath. But he was there, and his grip wasn't tight. You were afraid he'd let go, if you quit running.

Someone who would throw it all away if it meant he could keep just one person alive. Someone desperate, striving to show that everyone was equal, we were all human — no matter how we looked or spoke, which languages we knew, which languages we didn't.

Your heart was thumping, beating. Your ears, ringing. It felt like your chest was going to explode. You slowed down your pace.

Someone who could make you feel like there was a light at the end of the tunnel, like you were worth it, like the lies you told and the scars you made were just little mistakes, and if you wanted to become a better person...

His hand slipped from yours.

...You would have to forgive them.

You stopped running.

You would have to forgive yourself.

He didn't.

You would have to look at yourself in the mirror,

Your vision.

And say;

It blurred.

"I've fucked up. A lot. But I am not worthless."

He blurred.

"I am not weak."

You felt like you were screaming his name. You were sobbing. He was laughing, smiling, not stopping as he ran for you to catch up.

"I am not stupid."

You didn't. You couldn't.

"I am not different."

You couldn't get up off your knees to chase him. You couldn't run after him, and if he fell you couldn't pick him back up. You couldn't, you couldn't, you couldn't. He was there, you were here. He was moving, and doing. You were still, and nothing. He kept going.