Two

I have to admit it: when I woke up and remembered the night before, I thought it had been a dream. I think Estelle thought so, too, because she kept looking over at me with a confused expression. When everyone else went up to eat breakfast, she said we'd be right up--I was just slow getting ready, and I think Estelle wanted to talk to me. 

At first, I was still wondering if it had been a dream and panicked, thinking maybe I'd said something in my sleep, but as soon as everyone was completely gone from the room and the door was shut, she walked three quick, long, strides over to me and placed her lips on mine. 

"That did happen last night, right? I wasn't dreaming?" she asked, stroking my hair. I shivered with happiness. 

"Yeah. The, um, truth or dare thing?" I paused and watched the panic cross her face before I kissed her again. "And then afterwards?" 

She relaxed. "I thought you were saying only the truth or dare thing... Hey!" She lightly slapped me on the arm. 

I smiled. "Sorry. I couldn't resist." 

"I guess I would've done the same. But still." 

"Don't worry, I'll make it up." 

"I bet you will." And she gently pushed me against a wall and we kissed again. Again, the shiver of electricity shot through us, and it urged us on. Her mouth traveled from my mouth to my cheek and then to my jaw. She licked my neck slightly and I trembled. 

But then the door to the stairs burst open. We jumped away and I knelt down, pretending to stuff something into my bag while Estelle looked up the stairs. 

"You coming up?" someone asked. 

"Yeah--sorry. I'm slow." I glanced over at her to see her smiling innocently. When the door shut again, she walked over to me and offered a hand I took it. Like last night, she kissed me once more, and then we climbed the stairs. 

Two seats were left, one at the head of the table, which was clearly for Estelle, and one at the back of the table. Without a word, she took the seat at the back and set it next to her own. There was some whining and complaints, all which made me blush with embarrassment, but she just told them to be quiet and patted the chair, inviting me over. I sat awkwardly next to her and tried to get absorbed in the conversation. I was just actually getting into it when one of Estelle's legs moved over a little and bumped against mine. I immediately blushed and every nerve in my body seemed to have moved to where her leg was touching me. Trying to breathe normally and concentrate on what the others were saying, I moved my foot slightly to nudge hers. I saw a tiny smile pop up on the corner of her mouth and one did on mine, too. 

The first of the parents came not much earlier, and soon it was just Estelle and me. 

"I have to go pick up a few things at the grocery," her mom said. "Are you two going to be ok here?" 

"Yeah." Estelle got up and hugged her mom goodbye, and I wandered downstairs to sit on the couch. As soon as her mom was gone, she raced down the stairs and over to me. She sat right next to me and put her legs over top of mine. Wordlessly, we touched our lips together again. My brain shorted out and my heart sped. 

"Are you sure this isn't a dream?" I asked her. 

She flashed me a dazzling smile. "If it is, I don't ever want to wake up." 

Happiness swelled inside of me, and I simply leaned forward to kiss her again. 

-- 

sorry, i know it was pretty short--i wanted the next part to start in a new chapter.