Don't Have To Pretend: For Maddie

This was requested by @frdolxnmendes I hope you like it!

*Maddie's POV*

"And I've got it, and I've got it all. But I don't ever want to grow up," I sang to the camera, finishing my cover of Kid in Love.

"I hope you liked my cover. Thanks for watching and don't forget to share this," I ended up with a smile before standing up to stop the video. I had been posting covers on YouTube and Instagram for a few months, so this wasn't my first time doing the same motions.

I quickly got the video of the cover I just did and posted it on Instagram.

It usually took a little bit for people to see my covers and it was after ten o'clock at night, so I decided I should go to bed. As I was getting ready for bed, I could hear my phone buzzing multiple times.

When I went back yo my room, I picked up my phone and ten people had already like my cover. Wow, that is a lot of people for that quick, I thought.

My bed looked really comfy, so I turned off my phone and lied down. It wasn't long before I fell asleep.

In the morning, I woke up to the sun shining through my window and everything seemed really peaceful. I reached for my phone as I usually did in the morning and went on Instagram.

"Oh my gosh," my eyes went wide as I sat up.

My feed had absolutely blown up with really nice comments on my cover and people sharing it.

"This is the best cover I've ever seen😍"

"Your voice is amazing❤"

"Who's Shawn Mendes? I only know Maddie."

There were more than a hundred comments, a lot of them from people I didn't even know.

Then I looked at the amount of likes. Over 20 thousand! Shawn and his manager, Andrew, even liked it.

However, the next thing I noticed was a private message from Andrew. It said: "Hey, Maddie. I watched your cover of Kid In Love and I think it is really great. You're special, I can tell and you're really talented. I have an offer for you. Would you like to start performing with Shawn at his shows? There's only one catch. We need you to act as Shawn's fake girlfriend for some time. Let me know if you are interested."