Coffee Shop: For Caitlin

This is for _caitlin_mendes_xx Hope you like it!

*Caitlin's POV*

The coffee shop was cozy and warm. The many brown and orange colors made you feel at home after walking on the cold, winter streets of Toronto.

I sat alone at a table, sipping my hot drink, and watching the many people bustling in and out of the door.

A boy (would you call him that?) about my age, probably like nineteen, walked in. His leather jacket was zipped up tight and he took his hands out of his pockets when he got inside, out of the cold.

His eyes met mine and he smiled warmly, running a hand through his brown hair. I couldn't help but notice his sharp jawline as he went up to the counter.

Was that smile meant for me or someone behind me?

However, he left without a word to me and I was a little bit disappointed.

The next day, I came back and sat in the same seat, hoping the boy from yesterday would come there again.

After a while with no sign of him, I started to get discouraged. But my heart fluttered with hope when he pushed open the coffee shop door.

There was a sweet smile playing on his lips, but he didn't walk towards the counter like before. He confidently walked over to where I was and sat down in the seat across from me.

"Mind if I sit here?" he asked and I shooky head, "Hi, I'm Shawn."

"Caitlin," I said with a grin. I took a sip of my drink and there was silence for a couple of seconds.

"Why are you here by yourself?" Shawn spoke up.

"I'm new to Toronto. I don't really know many people here," I explained, "And you're here by yourself too, so don't judge."

He laughed slightly, "Well now you know me."

"Thanks. It's good to have a friend here."

Shawn looked down at his hands and cleared his throat, "Do you think we could be, you know, more than just friends?"

"Best friends?" I said jokingly. His face turned gloomy. "Just kidding, continue," I laughed.

"Oh," Shawn seemed to get his thoughts together again. He looked in my eyes, "Caitlin, I know I'm repeating the same quote that is used in every love story ever written, but from the moment I saw you yesterday I thought you were absolutely beautiful. You're eyes, you're face, and that cute way that you were unsure if I was I was smiling at you."

My cheeks blushed a little.

Shawn continued, "I'm probably taking this too fast, but I don't want to miss my chance. Will you go out on a date with me?"

"Yes, of course!"

Shawn beamed, obviously not being able to hide his adorable, bright smile, "Okay, I'll pick you up tonight. What's your address?" I told him it and gave him my phone number. He stood up and up, pulling me up with him, "I don't know if I should say thank you, but thank you."

He hugged me quickly before heading towards the door, waving, and heading outside. He was so innocently excited and I loved it.

I hadn't even sat down yet when I saw Shawn outside the coffee shop window. He fist pumped, grinning, and jumped up and down like a little kid. I'm sure he didn't know I could see him, but I could practically hear him saying 'yes' repeatedly in celebration.

I giggled at how cute he was and grabbed my stuff to go home and get ready for that night.

---------------

A/n: Ugh does this suck...idk I hope you liked it. 💖
Happy almost Thanksgiving to anyone who's celebrating it tomorrow!

--Kaelan