Protective: For Shannon

This was requested by @Shannon1300 I hope you like it and sorry it took so long

*Shawn's POV*

"Aaliyah, get out of my room!" I shouted at my sister.

She quickly shut my drawer that she was looking in. "I wasn't doing anything!" she argued.

"Yes, you were. Why were you going through my stuff?"

"I was just looking for your phone charger," she lowered her voice a little, "Mine broke."

"Well, I don't care," I barked at her, "Just get out!"

Aaliyah stood there defiantly when my mom walked up behind her. "What are you two yelling about?" she asked.

"Shawn's just being ridiculous," Aaliyah told her, then spoke to me, "Why are you being so mean to me, Shawn? You used to be nice to me, but now you're just being a jerk."

I could tell I was becoming way too angry and I ran at her, too caught up in the moment to think at all. She ran out of the room and I only stopped chasing her when my mom caught ahold of my wrist.

"That's it, Shawn, you're grounded," she ordered.

"But - " I tried to complain, but she took none of it.

"No changing my mind, Shawn. In your room now."

I huffed and stepped in my room, my heart still beating quickly and adrenaline still in my veins. Just before I shut the door to my room, I saw my mom pick up her phone.

*Shannon's POV*

My phone rang and I picked up, hearing Shawn's mom on the other end.

"He did what?" I asked while getting ready to leave my house.

"He started to chase Aaliyah and almost got in a physical fight with her," she said, sounding kind of worried.

I gasped, "I didn't think he would ever do that. I'll be right over to talk to him."

I said goodbye before hopping in my car and driving to the Mendes' house.

I knocked on the door and Aaliyah answered. "Hey, Shannon," she smiled, happy to see me as she usually was.

I stepped inside, "Hey, is Shawn in his room?"

"Oh. . .yeah," her smile disappeared and she walked away.

I made my way to Shawn's room and knocked on his door, "Hey, Shawn, it's Shannon. Can I come in?"

"Yeah, go ahead."

I opened the door and saw him sitting on the floor near the door with his head leaning against the wall. His eyebrows were scrunched together and he looked like he was still upset.

"What's wrong, babe?" I sat next to him, putting my arm around his shoulders. He didn't answer, but I kept pushing. "What made you get so mad at Aaliyah?"

"She was in my room messing with my stuff," he explained, not looking at me.

I gave him a look that said 'I know that's not the whole truth so spill it'.

"Okay, fine," he gave in, "Aaliyah has a new boyfriend and I don't like him. I don't want him to treat her badly, but she won't listen when I tell her to break up with me. We've been arguing for a couple of days."

"It's perfectly fine to be a protective big brother, Shawn, but you need to trust her and let her make her own decisions," I looked him in the eyes, "The best thing you can do is be there for her if someone does break her heart."

"Yeah, I guess you're right," he smiled slightly, "I really do love her, you know."

I reached for his hand, "I know you do. And that's perfect because I know that if Aaliyah does get her heart broken, you'll be there making the guy wish he hasn't met you."

He laughed at that, crinkles forming at the edges of his eyes.

I kissed him on the lips quickly, "Are you going to apologize to her?"

"I can't just stay here with you?"

"Nope. Come on Shawny," I pulled him up and led him out of his room.

----------------

A/n: Really hope you liked this😊
Requests are still open, but I might close them soon if it starts getting busy again so I can work on another story I'm planning.

--Kaelan