Are You Cheating?: For Miranda

This was requested by Mirandakay02 Hope you enjoy! 💕

*Miranda's POV*

"I'll be out in a minute, babe," Shawn said to me before heading to the shower.

I sat on our bed, relaxing and doing nothing really except scrolling through social media when Shawn's phone dinged from the nightstand. I looked over just in time to see it was a text from Hailey.

I started to get upset, sitting there for a couple of seconds and then reaching for his phone. I turned it on and read the text without unlocking it. It said: Thanks❤.

I started fuming, my blue eyes fiery with anger. I practically slammed his phone back down and walked downstairs.

How could he cheat on me?! Especially with Hailey!

I sat in the living room, trying to calm down and it wasn't long until Shawn came downstairs as well.

His hair is was still wet as he walked over, "Miranda, what's wrong? You look upset."

"Oh, I wonder why I'm upset, Shawn," I snapped, "Do you want to tell me?"

He just stared at me, confused.

"Come on, Shawn. I saw the text from Hailey, you dirty cheating liar!"

"Why were you looking through my phone?" Shawn yelled.

I yelled back, "I wasn't, I just saw it pop up on the screen because I'm actually trustworthy!"

"I'm not cheating!"

"Oh, please!" I spat.

"You know what, if you can't trust me then I'm leaving!" he walked quickly to the front door and slipped on his shoes and jacket. He picked up his keys, his hand on the door knob, and mumbled just loud enough for me to hear, "At least Hailey would be better than you."

Hearing that felt like a stab to the heart.

I but my lip, holding back tears, "Get out! Just get out!" I cried.

Shawn did, slamming the door behind him and I quickly locked it. Not that it would change anything, he had a key.

I put my back against the door and slid to the ground, my head falling in my arms. Did he really mean that? Some tears fell down my cheeks, but I mostly sat there not knowing what to do until I moved back into the living room.

A framed picture of Shawn and I taunted me until I finally turned it face down so I couldn't see it. But eventually there was a knock at the door and I had no choice but to get up and see who it was.

I looked through the peephole to see Shawn. His hair was a mess and his eyes were red as if he had been crying, but he seemed determined not to show it. I opened the door.

"Miranda, I'm so sorry," Shawn told the second the door was open.

"Shawn, I don't want to hear it," I sighed, "I don't want to hear how it was all a mistake and you didn't mean to. You and I both know that's crap."

"Please just hear me out," he pleaded, "I'm going to regret this for the rest of my life if I don't get to speak to you." 

"Okay," I stepped to the side and let him come in, following me to sit down on the couch.

Shawn breathed, "First of all, I didn't cheat. And please don't interrupt me because I need to explain." I didn't show any sign of saying anything, so he continued, "There's nothing between me and Hailey. She and I have just been talking about all the stupid rumors about us and kind of laughing at them. But I was going to stop talking to her today because she seemes to be getting too friendly with me. But I promise there's nothing going on. I would never do that to you." He let me check his phone and everything matched up.

"But what about..." I bit my lip, "when you said that Hailey would be better than me?" I started to tear up a little while my brain was yelling at myself not to cry.

Shawn brushed a piece of my dirty blonde hair behind my ear, "Baby, I was just caught up in the moment. I didn't mean it, I'm sorry. There's no one out there who is better than you."

I quickly wrapped my arms around his neck and got close to him, "I'm sorry for calling you a cheater and a liar. You didn't deserve that."

He kissed my cheek, "Hey, it's my fault. I should have explained sooner instead of getting so mad."

I pressed my forehead against his, "Love you."

"Always."

--------------

A/n: Hope you liked it!
Thank you so much for 19K😱
You guys are amazing!