"You can't." Maximo laughed.

I glared at him. I had enough of him. Enough of his arrogance and being close minded!

"I can, Maximo. I'll do it whatever it takes." I said.

Even if it means risking my life here to save my life up there. To save my body back in Earth. To be a normal human being again. I'll do whatever it takes.

"We will see. We will see." Maximo nodded while grinning. His face was telling me something but I couldn't say it.

He's definitely hiding something. Maybe he's hiding it because it can save us, or me or it can destroy us all.

We were brought to our quarters at midnight. We were all exhausted. Mainit na naging usapan ang problema sa mga gates. Sa katotohanan ay hindi lang pala iisang gate ang hindi gumagana, kung hindi ay marami rin na nakapalibot sa buong mundo.

The gates were abnormally shutting down.

The King admitted that he used his powers to stop the souls from crossing the South gate back in the last wall. The jury had stated that the King must do something to return to it's natural balance the crossing of the souls.

But even the King cannot explain the abnormalities of the other gates.

"I'll use the last bed. I prefer facing the wall." I heard Ulysses murmured groggily before slumping hard at the last bunk bed.

The whole room was big and elegant. Only that we are only separated by bunk beds. Bumk beds for royal son's and daughter? Really?

"Let's call this a night." Lorcan said before twisting his necklace and completely lose his connection to us. "We'll see each other tomorrow at the arena. We need another plan."

The others nodded sleepily and twisted their own necklaces before slumping to their bed.

For a moment, I think I heard Connor and Persephone arguing about the blanket.

I sighed and removed my sandals before walking towards the bed. For the first time in Agartha, I felt something tiresome. Like tired of exerting efforts. Or is it just the binds from Shamballah?

"Sleep now, Lorietta." Zeus buried his face on his pillow. His bunk bed is just beside mine. "Shut your thoughts for now. We all need a rest."

And the night was silent as the wind brushing the window keeps me awake.

The silent whistles of the wind makes me wonder if Ulysses has something to do with it. And indeed, he was snoring out there and the wind outside was abnormally looking for their master.

I shook my head and closed my eyes tightly. I need to sleep.

My mind is keeping me awake. I don't know if insomnia exist here or is it just that my mind didn't know 'sleep' at all. I've been switching positions in my bunk bed. Trying to find my comfy space and position.

But damn it.

I had watched every movement of them from their beautiful midnight sleep and up to morning.

"What is sleep..." I murmured and slammed my face against the pillow.

What's with my freaking mind? Why can't it help me sleep? I badly need to regain my strength! Even though, I can't feel it, I was exhausted of the whole activity! What the hell is wrong with me?

I heard their morning greetings to each other and the morning bickering of Connor and Ulysses. The reason? Who's gonna take the bath first? Since we've been away for like, a week, or nah...