Hello Ego (Revamped)

Start from the beginning

" I miss you ", I blurt. His mouth closes as he analyzes what he was in front of him, me.

" I know. I miss you too ", he countered.

" When I think about how much longer I may have to wait it kind of discourages me. It's hard for me to think about Hawaii and Japan and then realize that you aren't here ", I sigh.

" When I'm not thinking about everything else, I do frequently think about Hawaii and Japan. You aren't the only one who's plagued with those thoughts. Just think of it this way, when I come back it will feel like we are meeting for the first time all over again ? What's more exciting than starting over ? ", he asks me.

" Finishing where we left off ", I answered looking away.  

" Tell me what you've got planned Entle ", he changed the subject.

" I'm having my first ball at the end of the week...without you. It's suppose to be the leaders ball where the leaders, elders and socialites in each tribe come together and talk about Wakanda and advancements and other stuff, I'm nervous ", I admits.

" Don't be. Everyone will be right there with you. You might even meet Zuri ", he said.

" Zuri ? Who's that ", I ask.

" He's a retired war dog and apart of our family. He's my fathers close friend. When I broke the news to him he couldn't stand to stop by from his grief but when I told him about you he promised to meet you. He's like a second father to me. You'll probably see him at the ball. They'll be honoring my father there as well so it's the perfect time ", he explained.

" Do you know who else will be there ? ", I ask.

" Likely everyone you've met already. Erik, Nakia, Okoye, Ayo, my family and another thing. Have you been taking your medication ? ", he asks.

" Yeah every morning why ? ", I question.

" Well, because I've been thinking a lot about your powers and your face after I told you that you weren't ready. I want you to know that I really don't see them as a burden Harper. When I said that I mean that with the best intentions. I hate not giving you what you want ", he chuckled at the last sentence and a small smile spread across my face.

" I guess I am a little spoiled when it comes to you but I understand. We have plenty of time to figure it out. Our main focus is finding the person who did this and the rest will fall in place. I know it will. It has to...right ? ", I look to him with hope.

" Right ", he let's out a big yawn.

" Are you tired ? ", I say.

" A little but your beautiful face is the only thing keeping me up. I have a flight to catch soon ", he muttered fixing himself in his desk chair.

" I'm a little tired myself honestly ", I yawn now.

" Why don't we call it a night ? ", he suggest.

" No....", I whine.

" I'll call your after the ball and you can tell me all about it sweetheart ", he negotiates.

" You have to video chat me to see what I look like before I go out there too ", I bribe.

" All right, I love you ", he laughs.