Chapter 10---May The Odds Be Ever In Your Favor

Start from the beginning

"Cassidy..." James groaned. "No matter...w-what..."

My tears went to sobs as I look at him for the last time.

"Two."

"I love you, Cassidy." James whispered.

"Th--"

"I LOVE YOU, JAMES!" I shouted as my father said the rest of the word and I saw the bullet went straight to his heart.

James' body went down and a pool of blood surrounding him.

"AAAAAAHHHH!"

"Cass, wake up!" I heard James say. How could James say that when he's dead?!

I opened my eyes to see that I was covered in my cold sweat, and James was holding my arms. James is here, thank goodness!

"What happened, Cass?" he asked worriedly.

I was still picking up my breath. I can't believe that it was only a dream. It was so real! James is here. He's fine. My father is no where near here. He won't find us.

I started crying and wrapped my arms around James, and he stroke my hair as I cried on his shoulder. I will never let my father have his hands on James. Seeing him die will be the cause of my death.

"Shh." he comforted. "It was just a dream, Cass." he started swaying me gently from left to right. He was rocking me like a babe, and knowing he was there, made me feel safe with him. "Do you want me to stay with you tonight?"

I didn't want to respond verbally, so I nodded, and he felt me do it. He got on the bed and I made room for him. I laid on my side, and James laid on the opposite.  His one hand was holding mine, and the other still stroke my hair.

We were facing the door, and he pulled me closer to him, and I can feel his chest on my back. Our bodies' warmth was comforting itself. I can feel his heartbeat, his nose nuzzle in my hair and I can hear him hum a song softly. The song's tune was beautiful.

This is the first time I felt safe and secure around James. He hummed the song until I felt my eyes close once more. I wasn't afraid of my nightmares anymore.

I won't let you get into his hands, James. I would rather be killed by him instead of you. That's how much I love you.

**

Cassidy's P.O.V.

"Your eggs are getting better and better, James." I started digging in my scrambled eggs. After the whole weekend of just teaching him how to cook breakfast, Two dozens of eggs later, he's getting the hang of it.

"What's missing?" he asks.

"Just a teeny bit more practice." I winked. I fed him some that was on my plate and he began to judge his own cooking.