13. She's My Girl

“She’s my girl."

— Theodor Aldrich

I chased that person all the way to the back of this place. He kept dragging Delilah by her hair. Delilah looked like she was trying to let go of the hair but the guy's strength was strong enough.

I don't want to lose track. When I was almost there to save Delilah, he suddenly took out a gun and pointed it at the girl's head. I froze where I stood. He can shoot anytime because he is a desperate guy. So I had to rack my brain to save the girl from him.

"If you move forward, then I will put a bullet in your girl's head." There is something strange. I saw him wearing a robotic voice somewhere. Wait, is she the same guy as him want to kill me?

He still grabbed Delilah by the throat and kept his gun pointed. I can do nothing but beg him.

"You're aiming for me aren't you? Just shoot me, but let her go!" I said.

The guy was still wearing the same black mask and jacket, so I'm sure he was the one who shot me first and came to Delilah's house, but why is he wearing a robot voice disguise?

Is he a new sender?

"I'm not going to let her go that easily, remember how she threw the knife at me?"

"That's... because... y-you suck!” Delilah answered with a grimace.

I saw the guy strangle her more and more. The annoyance within him grew even more because Delilah had said such a thing to him. She's stupid girl! Can she just act like an innocent girl?

“You are quite brave. I'll be satisfied eliminating you here!" Said the robot voiced man.

"Aarrrggghh!!!" He was suffocating Delilah even more, I couldn't stay still watching him. When I was about to raise the gun on him, the man quickly shot at me. “THEO!”

I managed to avoid his shot. The bullet hit another wall behind me.

“I told you, don't move! But you seem to prefer me to shoot, huh?"

The only way I can stop him is to take away his weapon. I had to come close to him and be determined to take the gun from him. One of the man's hands was still tightly strangling Delilah, I could see Delilah's lips almost dry up pale. She would die soon if the man did not let her go.

I wrestled for his weapon. Hope he doesn't shoot his bullet at me. But he winced as he was kicked in the stomach by Delilah's leg. Even though Delilah's hands were trying to free themselves from the stranglehold on her neck, her legs were able to be used to forcefully kick the man's stomach. Now I can see her getting free of his clutches. I immediately pulled the girl standing behind me.

"Are you ok?" I did ask her.

"I almost died!"

"Hold this," I handed her my revolver. "I want you to shoot him when he's about to aim the gun at me. Can you?"

Delilah was shaking holding the thing I gave her. If she could fight like that, she should be able to wield this weapon. But she didn't dare to do it. She just handed the weapon back to me.