6. He Wasn't Lying

"Are you a criminal?"

- Delilah Walton

I sincerely help him.

I thought he was a beggar who had nothing in this world to live for. As soon as I saw him that night, he was very pitiful. I'm the only human who has a kind soul. I know he is hurting and needs help. I don't know how but god kind of sent me to help him.

After I offered him food and invited him to come to my house, he seemed unreasonably confused. Although I'm not sure what I'm doing but I know he seems like a good person. I started treating his wounds that day. He winced and endured all the pain. I managed to remove the bullet that stuck in his leg. I thought after helping and taking care of him, he would just walk away. But he asked to stay with me.

Basically I'm not the type to accept strangers into my house, but when I first saw him, he was like a cute puppy. Finally I agreed to accommodate him in my house. Just for a few days until he will recover. It hasn't been a week since he lived in my house, one by one the problems started coming and I suspected him. Theo said he was didn't have any relatives or anyone living with his in this town, but he had a big bag that had come from nowhere. I think there was one person he brought into my house.

Then I started asking him about the real problem he was having that night. He talks a lot but I think it's long winded. Until someone shot at my house. I just understood everything, he is a disaster.

"I'll tell you everything but you won't move an inch from here until I get back, agreed?" Theo said that when I was in my fear.

I really don't know what he's going to do with that shooter. But I noticed Theo took something from his bag, he took out a gun similar to that guy. My eyeballs almost dropped seeing Theo aiming that thing at someone.

Then I covered my ears and closed my eyes not to hear or see what was happening.

After a few minutes Theo wrestled in the shots. He finally came back to me and forced me to leave here. Shit, How can I leave my own house? And Ben? I don't see it anymore. Ben just walked away after hearing gunshots. Like there was no other way, then I followed what Theo wanted. But before that I have one plan, I went into my room and took a small knife and some stuff i will need it later.

Then I came out of the room and immediately threw the small knife right into the shooter's thigh. He was bleeding and in pain. Right on target. Theo looked at me both confused and proud. He even smiled crookedly then held my hand out of this house.

All my life I spent on myself. I work somewhere I like but it seems impossible that I have to take Theo there. Now it's almost one sharp I walk with him. Like an aimless direction. We also look like beggars asking for shelter.

As my footsteps stopped, Theo turned to me. He was carrying a large bag over his back. His hand was still hiding the gun that was in his jacket pocket. I wasn't afraid that he would shoot me.

"What? Why did you suddenly stop?" He asked.

"Can you explain everything?" I'm still asking the same thing. "I mean, where did you get that gun and you even shot it?"

Theo came closer to me. His eyes turned sharp like he was holding a grudge. "I almost died because that bastard shot me that night, I had to shoot him back. Otherwise, both you and I will die."

"Then how did he find you at my house? He suddenly came and shot for no reason."

"He is a fuckin' dangerous person. He came to kill me. That's why he knows I'm at your house."

I started squinting. "Are you a criminal?"

My question immediately silenced him. Theo seemed to shade his eyes at me. His face turned away not wanting to look at me. I'm sure he's hiding a lot of secrets.

"I'm not like a criminal, but---"

I sat on the sidewalk and waited for Theo to tell me everything.

"Are you waiting for something?" he asked me.

I nodded. "I want you to tell everything. If you're not a criminal, then who are you?"

Theo sat beside me. He stared straight ahead. There was only the sound of insects behind us and our silence was fruitless. I finally glared at Theo. He just realized my gaze is curiosity.

"Didn't I tell you I was Theodor Aldrich?" Well, I know he's lying again.

"I know you Theodor Aldrich, I mean, why is the shooter chasing you? I'm curious."

"Maybe... because they want me."

"Do you have shitty problems with other people?"

"I've been in prison for mistakes I didn't do."

Well, finally he began to tell the truth.

I was surprised to hear that. He's... ex-convict?

Then Theo looked at me. "Even though I was in prison, I felt that someone was setting me up. He wanted me to confess something I never did. I was finally free because all the evidence is not enough to hold me."

"Then how long were you imprisoned?"

I started asking questions like a lawyer.

"Only three months."

"Did the shooter have anything to do with it?"

"I was accused of sending some illegal weapons. Then I gave one opportunity to reveal who the real dealer was, I don't know because it's not my job. But I've been dealing in illegal business, it's not shipping illegal goods but me---"

"Are you a drug dealer?" I caught him on quickly.

He shook his head.

"Then what is it?"

"I was forced to sell underage girls."

"So you're a pimp?" I screamed. I almost couldn't believe him.

"I said I had to. I didn't sell them anyway."

My breath flowed normally when he continued his sentence. I didn't know whether to believe him or not, but from the way he looked at me saying all this... he wasn't lying.