11. Daisy Club

"Yeah, that's my boyfriend."

— Delilah Walton

My life would be much more perfect and organized before I met Theodor Aldrich.

Long before that, I was an employee of a brand-name clothing store. My salary is not enough, but it can fill my stomach. I have no family and really live alone in this city. My parents are either dead or still around, but I never know where they are. I was abandoned and raised by my grandmother who died a year ago.

After my grandmother died, I desperately looked for a job. When I got it I became the store's favorite employee, they complimented me on how I was doing these past few months, then managed to raise my salary by half. It is already profitable for lower middle class people.

When my financial needs were getting better, but my destiny brought me together with someone. I met Theodor Aldrich. I've told how I was able to help him when he was hurt. It's all just for the sake of my humanity to him. No more than that. Then time took a turn for the worse after I found out who the real Theodor Aldrich was.

He's not a monster after all, but his actions were crimes. He was once imprisoned because he was framed by someone. He’s a professional criminal who committed many crimes in his life. Theo doesn't want to admit that it's his job, he's forced, but in my opinion---he's the boss.

He has serious family problems. Well, my life is much poorer but Theo's life is much sadder. He has problems with his father. His father was away and did not want to come back to him. But I'm sure he can persuade his father. 

I once thought of helping him get his father back. But I know it's not easy. So I won't interfere in his family matters.The only business I have to interfere with is when he deals with his crimes. I never wanted a life like this. Theo also couldn't live quietly even when someone would come to kill him. Where have I helped him when he was injured, that's where I will help his problem. Don't know what for, but I feel like I want to be near him always. Although I know what the risks are.

Theo was even almost irritated when I just kept jumping into his tactics. I know why he banned me, he just didn't want me to get hurt. Despite all the concern, I really wanted to help him. When I learned Theo and Griffin were going somewhere, I immediately insisted on going. I know it will inconvenience them but I have no other way.

I got their consent to go. When I'm going to go hunting someone, I have to carry something useful in my jacket pocket. For sure it's not a gun like where Theo hid it under his jacket. I can even shake holding it. I only brought a few small knives. This is just in case to protect me.

As my mind wandered along the way, Theo suddenly threw a question at me.

"You already know who I am, do you doubt me?"

He asked me while his focus was still on driving the car. I still haven't answered yet. Theo looked uneasy.

"Del, what did you think about me all this time? Am I a bad guy in your eyes?" He asked me again.

I guess, I have to answer all those questions before he bombards me with more questions.

"You... are indeed a bad guy."