3. It is Not My Intention

"I'm not lying this time."

- Theodor Aldrich

Delilah simply rolled her eyes when I asked to stay a few days in her house. I can't go home like this. Moreover, I have to find out who the person who shot me madly.

I remember again, the last time I dealt with that fucking people was five months ago. I accepted the deal to sell what is at least salable. I thought it was methamphetamine. I'm not a drug dealer, but I'm just doing it for someone. Forced to. Until I finally accepted the deal, I was surprised to see what they sent. They will sell some illegal weapons. No, I can't do that. But one of them still forced me to sell all those weapons. I have no forgiveness until I finally ship the items to the addressee. From there it all worked out. None of the police know about it. Until next week, I am forced to send more stuff. I didn't expect the items to be different from before, not illegal weapons but some underage girls they were going to sell.

I told you that it wouldn't be included in my assignment. I refuse to ship those items. But their leader went on a rampage to kill me that day. I was even trapped inside they games. Cody Ayhner was one of the followers of the illicit business. I'm sure that he knows a lot about what happened to me recently. I should at least find Cody as soon as possible and ask him for an explanation.

Alright, back to the previous topic. I was still sitting on the couch in Delilah's house, she still confused about my request to stay here. Until a few moments Delilah looked back at me and spoke, "I can allow you to stay here, but ...." she paused her words, I was increasingly curious what she wanted to say.

"Do you mind the cost?" I asked her.

"The cost? I don't take money from anyone I help!"

"So what's the problem? I don't have a home or family. I just live on the streets and meet angels like you, please let me stay here." Again, I have to lie, there wasn't much to say but it was enough to make Delilah reconsider her decision. "I can work anyway."

"Oh, no way. You shouldn't do that."

"So?"

Delilah caught her breath and she nodded. "Okay, stay here. Just for a few days, after that you---wait a minute, I don't know your name yet!"

"Theo."

"Is it just 'Theo'?"

"Theodor Aldrich."

"Okay, Theodor Aldrich. You can stay at my house, there are only two rooms here. You can sleep in the next room." She indicated the room in question. I immediately went into it. "I hope you don't mind sleeping here." Delilah said since I don't think there's anything out of the ordinary about this room, everything looks clean and tidy. Not like at my house.

"No. I'll sleep well here!"

"Okay, I'm going to my room. Good night!"

I just smiled back and let Delilah enter her room. After he closed the door, then I locked the door of this room. In the room there are no computers or electronic materials that I can use. I need to call someone tonight, but my phone won't turn on for now. I can't even find a charger here. After I rummaged through the drawers in my room, I found the one charger I needed. I immediately charged my phone and turned it on. I can see a lot of messages and some unknown calls. I don't save many people's numbers, but I have to call one.

Calling Griffin Maverick...

Griffin is not picking up my calls. I tried to call him many times until finally Griffin picked up.