18. This May Be A Trap

“This is the madness I'm in."

—Delilah Walton

Don't know why, I want to risk my life for someone like him.

An hour ago after I saw Theodor didn't return to the Griffin house, I became worried. I tried to contact him many times but he didn't pick up my calls. I finally came upon Griffin in his study. He wasn't too busy doing anything, just playing war games on his computer. When Griffin saw me standing in his doorway, he motioned for me to come in. I went into his room and walked so nervous because every thing in this room is expensive stuff.

"You look worried for something else." Griffin could guess the look on my face. He was right that I was worried about Theodor.

"Can you contact Theo?" I started asking questions.

Griffin raised an eyebrow as he left his game. After that he stood up towards me. Following the look on his face he was also worried.

"No. I mean, I haven't contacted him.”

"Then can you call him?"

"Are you thinking about something?"

"Griff, I have a bad feeling."

"Okay, I'll call him." Griffin grabbed his newly charged phone then he called Theo in front of me. "Looks like he won't pick up my calls."

"I'm getting worried."  

"Just calm down, you don't need to worry. He'll be fine out there."

I'm just afraid that he met the killer. What if his life is threatened?

"Del, did you fight with Theo?" Griffin suddenly asked me.

I'm confused what to answer. Not like fighting, but we just did something we might have gone too far. Theo didn't continue, but I found it strange. If he didn't like me, why would he kiss me that night? If he didn't want to protect me, why did he always help me when I was about to die?

I drifted in my daydreams. Until Griffin tapped me on the shoulder and said again, "if you want to tell me something, just tell me."

"I... I just kissed Theo."

He looked shocked until his eyes bulged out. "Huh really?"

"Yeah. I felt strange when he suddenly left after kissing me today and that night—"

"Have you had sex with him?"

Stupid. That kind of shot me down a bit.

"No! I didn't do it, he just kissed me."

Griffin chuckled because he probably thought it was funny. But not for me.

"Okay. Then why has Theo become like a fuckin' unstable teenager? He has slept with many girls, but he still hasn't changed."

Either it was unintentional or I just had to hear it. Actually I'm also not surprised if Theo sleeps with many other girls, it's just that his attitude has become strange the last few days when he's with me. I don't know much about it. Maybe Griffin knows something.

"Out of all the girls, does Theo like her?"

What a question I just threw at Griffin. Isn't that too far?

"Well... there might be."

"Do you know her?"

“I've never seen Theo commit to someone. He always goes out on dates with other girls but doesn't use his feelings."

Dealing With Theoजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें