1. Brutal Shooters

"I don't want to take a big risk."

— Theodor Aldrich

I can breathe.

At least I can be free from those rusty iron bars. After a few weeks I was at home, everything was running normally. I also started campus and act like a student who never studied. I also missed a lot of subjects. When I walking down the corridor, I met Jason, he's the smartest student at Xandria University. Jason hasn't changed. His intelligence is growing rapidly.

"Hei, Theo! You are back!!" said Jason who smiled at me. "I haven't seen you on campus in a long time, where have you been?"

"Holiday.”

I had to lie because there was no way I could tell him what had happened over the last few months.

"How was your vacation imprisoned? Was it fun?" Jason revealed and I was quite surprised to hear it.

How did he know that I was in prison?

The man in the baseball cap tilted his smile, he looks like he's joking with me. I am serious. Then I pulled his hand to the side of the wall, trying not to let the people on campus hear Jason's words.

"Shut up the fuckin’ your mouth or I'll tear it up!" I whispered to him.

Jason justified his crooked hat, he just nodded in understanding. Geeky bastard! How could he be the leader of a baseball team like that? Not long after, Jason ran away after I threatened him.

All came back fine. I walked into where my class was. As usual, I ignored the words of the man who was teaching it. I immediately sat down and curled up in strange thoughts about what happened to my life. Protracted silence in class, finally class ended. I didn't realize none of the books I put on the table. I didn't even hear an explanation from Mr. Benson earlier. I'm fucking lost.

I walked home from campus and all the people who tried to hang out with me. To be honest, I'm not the type to talk to easily but certain people I can consider.

After I got home, the sky started to darken. I just realized there is no type of food to eat for tonight. I sighed then slammed the fridge door. If only all the money in my wallet at that time was mine, but no, the police confiscated it. They didn't even give back a cent. I walked back out of the house and looking for cheap food around.

I found a Chinese restaurant that is in the city of Dallas, Texas. I like Asian food. After I entered it, the Asian guys looked at me.

The restaurant owner appears and hugged me. “Woaah! Theo! Huānyíng, zhōngyú yòu lái wǒ de cāntīngle!!!” Benjiro came to greet me. He's using his mandarin language, I don't understand.

"You can speak English, right?" I replied.

Benjiro smiled with narrowed eyes. I've known him for a long time, maybe two or three years. He is my father's friend. Don't know where my father is now, but Benjiro's presence is quite comforting me.

"So what would you like to order? Come sit over here." Benjiro motioned for me to sit by the window. I don't need to look at the menu to order it. I know my favorite food here.

I opened my coat and put it on my side. When I want to order, suddenly there was a big gunshot. It wasn't an explosion, but a true fucking gun shot. Everyone in the restaurant panicked. They ran, hid, saved themselves. Benjiro looked panicked like the other employees. He left me even before I ordered anything. Damn it, even I don't know who the brutal shooter is.

I stand to see the situation. Chaotic. The shooting was so brutal that several people could have died. I walked out of the restaurant trying to figure out who the shooter was. When I opened the door, one of the glass shattered. I just barely got shot. My eyes opened wide to find the perpetrator in front of the restaurant. He covered his face and head with a mask and hat. His clothes are all black like a ninja who doesn't know where he's from.

It's kind of crazy that I'm up against that madman. I think the only way is to get out of here. As I ran, I realized that the shooter was targeting me. Fuck off. Why is he chasing me?

I strengthen my legs to run. It's too bad if I stop at the wrong place. I could be shot at any time. That guy was still chasing me, every now and then he aimed and released his bullets. I managed to miss the bullet.

Running to and fro, I entered a small deserted alley. Not much light here, it's dark. I could see the shooter was still stalking me. I caught my breath as best I could. If I drag my feet too much, he can see me in the dark.

Finally I found a hiding place. It's the only way to keep me from getting shot. I hide behind a large trash can, even though it's a bit smelly and flies, I have to survive here.The shooter is still looking for me. His eyes wandered the other way as he aimed his gun.

“Theodor Aldrich, I saw your ass get in this alley. Where are you? Come out!” The man's voice sounded like that of a robot in disguise. He really was out of his mind.

The footsteps of the person were getting closer to my hiding place. I closed my eyes and didn't breathe for a few seconds, until finally a centipede walked up to my feet. I screamed loudly and got out of the trash can. But luckily, the shooter found me.

“So you hid there." He said then aimed his gun at me.

There's no way to escape anymore. I just have to dodge every one of his shots. But how can I do that quickly? 

DARRRR!

He fired another bullet. This time I managed not to get shot. He aimed it at me, fired back and fuck I was shot in the arm. Even though it's only a slight scratch on my arm, it still hurts. From there I found a way to escape. I kicked one of his legs and he fell down.

I ran as fast as I could. He came back after me and kept shooting. One of his shots came back on my leg, now I'm completely limping. My right arm and left leg were shot. Fuck. Fuck. Fuck off.

I'm still running not giving up. Entering a fairly crowded residential area, I hid in one of the walls of someone's house. The shooter no longer saw me, but he hid his gun in a jacket pocket and walking around like a normal person around people. I kept peeking at him until a few minutes he was busy looking for me, the brutal shooter finally left in a black car that suddenly picked him up.

I sighed. Now I'm pretty safe.

But the blood is running down my skin, I can't go home like this. There will be lots of questions for me. I have to find the nearest clinic here. I don't want to take a big risk.

Can yall guess who the brutal shooter was targeting Theo?

Swipe up to the next chapter!