19. A Betrayal

He can’t do everything you ask. I’m thankful he didn’t commit his last crime.”

— Delilah Walton

"I’m so sorry for hurting your pretty hands a bit,” Vanessa said.

In the end, he was the one who treated the wound on my hand under someone's orders. Vanessa doesn't seem to like it but she enjoys it every time she sees the annoyance on my face. I still don't understand all this. Why am I here and why has Griffin left me?

"Okay, done."

"When can I go?" I suddenly asked when her eagle eyes were able to kill my gaze on her.

"Apparently you still dream of being free from this cursed place, huh?"

"Listen, I don't understand what enmity you have with me---"

"Could you just shut the fuck up?" She was getting annoyed.

Then stood up and called the maid who had been outside the room. When the maid came in carrying some dresses I started to feel bad.

"Choose which dress you like." She asked me to choose those three party dresses, I wasn't even interested in wearing them in the slightest. When she saw me just staring nonchalantly at all the dresses, her hand clamped down on my chin. "I said, choose which dress do you like? Choose!"

“I don't wanna wear it."

"If not then I myself will force you to wear my favorite dress. How?" She gripped my chin tighter, it hurt a little but I still held it.

She glanced back at some of the dresses and began to remove her grip from my chin. "Hmm, I think the orange color of the dress suits you," she said.

I even hate all orange colors.

"Okay, just wear a blue dress. Put it on now!"

I still don't get it. Vanessa really imposed her will. Who is she to dare choose my clothes?

"Don't want to wear it, huh? OK, I'll help---“

"Stop it!" I held her hand that was about to open my shirt. "I can wear myself, but I won't dress up."

"Our boss would definitely be more than happy to see the naturally pretty face you have."

Boss? Who is their boss?

After I was ready to wear the dress that I chose myself, Vanessa came back to see me and she still looked a little dissatisfied with what I had done.

She approached me. I combed my long hair a little and styled it like I was a princess here. I can't refuse her but if I refuse she will get angry and the boss in question even I don't know who he is.

"Well, if it's like this, it's better to look at.” She put my hair in a bun. "Tonight there will be a dance party, the boss will meet you.” She was still talking about boss, boss, and boss. She didn't even say his name.