17. To The Real Hell

“This is my way."

— Theodor Aldrich

I can't fully understand what Griffin's real plan is.

Even though Griffin had explained everything to me, I still couldn't understand whether this plan would work or not. I was driving too fast until I arrived at the place we promised. I haven't seen Griffin's car until, but ten minutes after I got to an old abandoned building, I would meet Cody Ayhner here. My eyes circulated hearing the sound of someone coming. Turns out he was Cody Ayhner. He just arrived in good health without the slightest injury. Okay I won't hurt him, because he will be my pawn to meet that assassin of mine.

"How dare you ask me to come here. Do you know that I don't believe you at all?" Cody said before I saw him hiding his gun.

He was standing right in front of me now. I don't hide any weapons under my clothes, I'm empty handed here. That's the risk I have to take.

"Do you have other business to see me?" He asked. His cigarette was lit as he waited for me to speak to him. "Quickly say what you want, I have a lot of business!"

"Don't you really know where Roman is?"

Smoke billowed from his mouth and nose. Cody looked grinning at me. I know he's hiding something. Actually a lot. I should be able to find information about Roman from him

"It turns out you're still looking for Roman," he chuckled mischievously. Then he coughed as the smoke engulfed his throat. "Are you that obsessed with him?"

"Cody, just answer my question honestly. Do you know where he is or not?"

"I do not know."

I'm not really sure if he's being honest or not at all. The only way to prove it is Griffin's plan.

DAAARRRR!!!

Gunshots were heard from around the old building, Cody looked panicked and threw away his lit cigarette butt. He tried to run away but I managed to hold him back. I smiled with satisfaction when I saw the fear on Cody's face. I held his trembling hand. His face started sweating.

"Did you hear the gunshots over there?" I asked him.

"It's a trap! You can't kill me," he quibbled.

"I'm not going to kill you today. But tell me...." I twisted his wrist until he winced in pain. "Where is Roman?"

My question is still the same as before. Cody still remained silent did not want to speak. Do I have to torture him? I immediately seized the gun that was under his jacket. He was powerless now. I probably won't kill him, but I can threaten him right? Then I pushed Cody's body to the ground. He crawled backwards avoiding the gun aimed at him.

Same fear. I'd already been in Cody's shoes when the shooter found me in the trash. I suffer, but I'm not that cruel. Cody kept crawling backwards until the edge of the cliff in this building. He glared into the abyss.

"Don't you still want to tell the truth?"

"Theo, you will regret it!"

"Not this time. I probably won't regret killing you here," I again threatened him and got ready to pull the trigger. "So tell me, where is Roman?”

"FUCK I TELL YOU, I DON'T KNOW WHERE HE WAS!" He screamed shrouded in fear.

If I'm not that cruel, I'm not that good either. I'm out of patience there is no choice but to kick his stomach. Cody flinched and spit something out of his mouth. Blood.