16. New Plan

“I also don’t want her to be in constant danger.”

— Theodor Aldrich

“I just want to ask, how far did you kiss her?”

I swallowed my saliva when I got Griffin's question like that. I'm not sure what to answer. Like how did he know I kissed Delilah Walton?

Did Delilah tell him?

"Theo, I ask you, won't you be honest with me?”

I'm getting more worried when he finds out it's going to be a problem.

"I... I didn't kiss her."

"Lie."

"What is your business in asking me that anyway, Griff?"

"I'm just asking."

"Yeah but that's none of your business. I better tell you---“

"About what?"

"Zach escaped from prison."

"Who is Zach?"

Oh god his memory is fading. Griffin doesn't even remember that I had two friends in prison. Even though I've ever told him about Zach. Then Griffin waved his hand in my face. I am aware of my daydreams.

"Zach was one of my friends in prison," I started to tell him back. "He was pretty good to me back then. Even though he's a vicious psychopath, he's really nice."

"Oh yeah? I never met him when I visited you in prison," Griffin replied.

"He's a bit shy. But never mind, now he's even escaping from prison.”

"You know what? If it's someone who escapes from prison so easily, he must be helped by someone in power." Griffin said, as if he'd become a great detective now.

I also suspect the same thing. It is not easy to escape from prison, the prison is heavily guarded by the police.

Then who helped Zach escape?

“Griff,” I called him when he was about to come out of my room. Griffin turned to me. "Can you find out where Zach is?" I asked him like he really is a detective. The last time he had found Cody Ayhner so easily.

So in my opinion, it will definitely not be easy to find Zach. But I'm sure Griffin will track him down.

Griffin almost couldn't believe my request to him. "Woaah, you're not serious about wanting me to find that psychopath?" he asked to be sure.

"I'm serious. I have to find Zach."

"Yeah, okay. I'll try to find him." Griffin finally accepted my request. But he didn't come out of my room either. He was still standing and looking at me like a new question was about to explode in his head. “Theo, then how do you deal with Roman? Do you want to just end it?"

He reminds about Roman coming back. I already hate it when his name is called in front of me. Honestly, I'm not going to stop looking for Roman. Whether he is dead or alive, I will find him.

"I don't stop looking for Roman. I also want you to keep looking for Roman's whereabouts."

"Did something happen the night when you met Cody Ayhner?"

"The shooter was at the Daisy club. He attacked me and almost killed Delilah, but---

“WHAT THE FUCK?” Griffin became shocked then shouted.

I hope Delilah didn't overhear our conversation.

"Didn't I already say that if something happens to you there, contact me immediately! Why are you just telling me now?" He looks angry.

Maybe I was wrong to tell him what happened that night.

"You know, Del got a knife and stuck it in the shooter's leg. She did it a second time again."

Griffin grinned at that. "I'm sure that girl is of great use to you, Theo. She could even injure the shooter multiple times." Then he laughed because it was funny.

"I also don't want her to be in constant danger."

"Tell you what, I have a plan to capture Roman's whereabouts. This time it will definitely work!"

Griffin's ideas are sometimes extraordinary, but they can boomerang hugely when they don't go his way. I don't know whether to follow his plan or not, but it wouldn't hurt if I heard all the plans first.

Can I take big risks for this? Without involving anyone but myself.

"What is your plan?" Finally I asked him. Hoping his plans weren't so crazy.

Me and Griffin are going somewhere. And I haven't found Delilah since we talked and did that. I'll go carry out the plan as Griffin said. I think it would be too dangerous to do it, but I have to be able to lure the assassin if I want to meet Roman. As soon as I'm ready, I headed out to get the Griffin's not-so-fancy car. Griffin will drive another car. I'm gonna get his car that I take to the Daisy Club.

When I opened the car door, someone first barged into the driver's seat. I saw Delilah. Of course she would do this. I massaged my forehead then walked towards her. I kind of don't understand why she keeps following me in any way.

"What the hell is this, Del? Get out!" I tried to pull it out. But she had already fastened her seat belt. "I don't want you to come along."

"Why?" she asked. As usual, her eyes narrowed sharply like she knew that I would forbid her.

I really can't explain why. I just don't want her to be in danger.

"I will follow your plan." Delilah said.

"You're always meddling!"

Then I saw Griffin's car coming. Griffin opened his car window and greeted us.

"Theo, if Del wants to come with us, that's okay. Let her come!" Griffin said without discussing it with me.

I glared at him. "Don't you know we can't risk her life?"

"I know that. But don't worry, if you can't take care of her. I will protect her.” Griffin smiled for no particular reason then went back, "Del, come on in my car!"

"You heard that right? If you can't take care of me, someone will protect me." I heard Delilah repeat Griffin's line. I don't understand. I have protected her a lot. She should have known that.

Then Delilah changed cars to Griffin, I didn't really want them in the same car, but my pride is too high to say. I finally let them together.

I got back into my car and had slammed the door too roughly. Griffin and Delilah could hear the slam. I ignore them. Then I drove the car in front so that the car behind could follow me.