4. Ben

“He’s a shitty cat.”

— Theodor Aldrich

When I opened my eyes, I couldn't find Delilah at her house. The girl has gone somewhere. I also don't know what Delilah is doing. Does she go to work or go to college because I know she is still the same age as me.

I walked back into the kitchen, not seeing any dirty dishes that we ate last night. Delilah was so neat and cleaned up straight away. Although her house is simple, she knows how to keep things clean. I'm moving to make a new breakfast. There are only a few eggs and onions in the refridgerator. I can't make many dishes, only onion eggs for my breakfast.

I started making it. Process the ingredients one by one and mix them with the spices. Looking for a wok, I found the biggest one. Didn't think long--I'll use it even though it is a frying pan for a large size. I spilled it into the skillet over medium heat. Then I heard my phone ringing. Immediately, I immediately took it from the dining table. I saw a call from Griffin. Then I immediately answered.

“Yoo, Griff?"

“I'm already in front of the house. Should I just come in or put your things outside?" Griffin spoke, I could hear his tone not feeling burdened.

“No. You just wait outside! I'll be right there!" I said quickly finishing my cooking.

"Ok."

Griffin closed the conversation.

After I finished cooking, I rushed out of the house to him.

I saw Griffin standing not far from Delilah's house. When I opened the door, he saw me limping towards him. I took the big bag that was brought by Griffin, before I entered, Griffin stopped me from speaking.

"What happened to you? Why did you rent a cheap hotel here?" asked Griffin.

How could he think I'm renting a cheap hotel? This is the most comfortable house I've ever lived in.

"This isn't a hotel, Griff!" I answered it.

"It looks like that." Griffin glanced at the wake that was behind me. He is a rich man who can never smell the poverty around him. Griffin rolled his eyes when looking at the clothes I'm wearing. "Are these cheap clothes?"

I removed his hand trying to ascertain my clothes. “Not as cheap as you imagine! I borrowed it from the owner of this house," I said.

“Theo! You are the sole heir of the Aldrich family! Your parents' properties are many and their company is successful, how can you stay---" I immediately covered Griffin's mouth quickly.

He talks too much. I don't want anyone to hear my true identity out there.

"Can you keep a secret that you shouldn't reveal?" I asked him.

Still clamping Griffin's lips, he nodded his head. I again let him breathe.

"Why do you want to keep all your wealth here?" asked Griffin. His eyes were looking at me seriously. "I mean, you can go abroad to save your life from that shooting!"

"It's not that easy, Griff. I'm being targeted by one man. You see, that I can't recognize his face. I just need to get the point across about the culprit."

"Then what is your plan?"

“I have to find Cody Ayhner."

"What? Who did you say? Co-ody?" Griffin stuttered.

“Cody! Cody Ayner!"

"Isn't he...." Griffin lowered his voice, then drew closer to me. "Isn't he a person who works in that business as well as you?"

"Yes. That's why I have to look for him! Please gather up all the information on Cody, then let me know about the bastard's whereabouts."

Griffin nodded in understanding. Then he left by getting into his car.

After I entered back into the house, I saw that my food was not on the plate. I'm surprised there's no Delilah here or anyone else. Then who stole my breakfast? I just had a hard time making it. But it's been stolen. I looked around for where my food went. After I walked to the back door area, I found a cat eating something. The black cat that has a short tail turns out to be a thief!

I saw the cat eat the onion eggs I cooked. Oh, damn shit! Where did the cat get into this house?

I couldn't save my food. Then I mer for on the kitchen table for a few minutes. I want to go looking for food outside but it's impossible, my leg still hasn't recovered. Waiting until noon, I still haven't seen Delilah come home. Don't know where the girl went. Half a day I just wait and watch boring gossip shows. Then I saw the black cat was asleep on the sofa next to me. He's not like a street cat in general, does Delilah keep him?

I put my face closer to the cat and said, "do you know that you are an impudent cat! How can you steal my food like a thief without making a sound? You can't do something like that again."  I seem to have lost my mind talking to a cat.

Removing the cat from my lap, I heard the sound of the door opening. That must be Delilah. She had gone home! I saw the girl bring some lots of raw ingredients to cook. Did she go shopping or??

Delilah's eyes lit up when she saw the presence of the black cat in her house. “Hey Ben! Come here!" She even called him. The cat has the name 'Ben'?

“Where have you been? I haven't seen you in two days!" Delilah kissed Ben and stroked its fur gently in her arms. "I really miss you!"

“Is he your boyfriend?" I asked suddenly.

Delilah seemed to smile with a laugh. "Yeah, Ben and I are soul mates. When I live alone, I'm the only one with Ben. He's a friend, boyfriend and family to me."

"He's a shitty cat."

"What? What's wrong?"

“He just stole my onion eggs that I just cooked this morning. He ate it without leftovers in the back of your house.”

Delilah laughed again. Is there really anything funny here?

"I'm serious. I'm starving now because of him."

"Please forgive Ben. I forgot to feed him. You don't have breakfast either, so I prepared lunch for you, how about that?"

"Okay.”

"Ben, you wait here. I'll cook! Don't interrupt or bother! Got it?”

The cat seemed to understand what Delilah was saying. Just now I heard him meowing.