8. You Don't Know Me Better

“She can't go with me."

— Theodor Aldrich

As long as I do the job with the right results, Ramon seems more eager to give me a different job. The system is the same, I have to send goods. When I started noticing the item was different to what had been before, I simply stopped. I can't continue this work. But when I decided to quit, Ramon became furious. He raged and cursed that I was shameless.He swore he would eliminate me but that was only implied by the threats in his mouth. So far he has not killed me. He only springs into action when he sends a shooter to kill me. I didn't need to look for Cody Ayhner because I knew the shooter was one of Ramon's men. He has acted to kill me through his messenger. And I can guess that the reason I was imprisoned was because of Ramon's trap. He is the mastermind of all my problems. I will go to him myself to kill or solve this problem.

But I couldn't deal with Delilah anymore. That girl has to stay away from me or else she will be targeted by Ramon. I was walking out of a restaurant when she treated me to a meal there. As we finished filling our stomachs, I stared intently at Delilah. I have to go without her. Maybe this is the last night of our meeting. Delilah glanced at me as if she wanted to say something, but she was still irritated that my true identity was known to her.

I can't leave before she really makes up with me. I don't want her to harbor a grudge against me. Then I started to approach Delilah and touched one of her shoulders.

"Are you still mad after knowing everything about me?" I asked her.

Delilah wouldn't look at me. We walked in an unknown direction. She might be going out of town to start her life anew.

"Del---“

"You're a pimp. You sell a lot of underage girls for money, you're also part of an illegal arms business. You should be punished, jailed." She was chirping when I heard all her lines really hurt me. "But how can you be free after you committed the crime?"

"How many times do I have to say that I'm not her pimp! I'm not even selling those girls!"

"You are a fucking sad rich guy, even though you have a lot of money but you still trouble many people. You should be grateful to have an affluent life, but you are wasting it!"

"I should be grateful? You don't know what it's like to be Theodor Aldrich all this time."

I even suffered enough to live under pressure. I almost died. Can't breathe freely. Delilah doesn't know everything about my former life. It's dark.

"Even if your father doesn't care anymore, he's still your father, right? You have to make him come back to himself. He lost his love but he doesn't have to lose his son too. You should do help him!"

"My father was not a gullible man and he was even more cruel than you can imagine,” I replied, Delilah seemed to roll her eyes. “He was broken. I couldn't get him back so I had to stay away from his life.”

"Theo, not everyone is as lucky as you. I don't know where my father and mother is, but when I know your whole life story, you are the most ignorant person!"

"That's what I am.” I grabbed my bag and prepared to say goodbye to her. "Okay, I have to go. We'll end it here. I don't want you to be in danger if you stay with me. And maybe you should stay away from me too."

Delilah took a closer look at me. "Disaster has come and ruined my life too. That was before I even met you. So I’m going with you.” She decided and I think it was a crazy decision.

No. She can't go with me.

I don't want Ramon to catch her.

"You're not fucking serious, right?"

"I don't have a place to live. Just like you, I might be able to stay at your mansion for a while. You have to be responsible.”

"Responsible? Oh my fuck, you can go wherever you want. Anywhere that is. But don't come with me!" I confirmed her. "I'm not going back to that mansion anyway.”

"I don't care. I'll come with you."

Damnit. She was fuckin' serious.

“If it's your decision, I will not be responsible if a bad problem happens to you.”

"I'm sure you'll get over it.”

”