9. I Don't Even Deserve Her

"I don't even deserve her."

-Theodor Aldrich

Our footsteps arrived at a big house belonging to a Griffin Maverick.

I'm not sure if he is in his house or not

I'm not sure if he is in his house or not. But when I tried to ring his doorbell, Delilah's hand held me down. I saw her annoyed.

"What are you doing?" I asked in a low voice.

"Are we begging at a rich man's house for a place to stay? Why don't we just go to a hotel?"

I snorted hearing the girl speak. Why doesn't she understand that I am not begging but to meet someone.

"I'm not begging here. This is Griffin's house, he's my friend. He also brought my bag to your house earlier. Do you understand?"

"Griffin?"

I ignored Delilah thinking in her mind. Then I pressed the bell several times until someone opened the door for us. I saw an old woman in a maid outfit welcoming us. She already knew me, then she told us to come in. While Delilah was still standing in the great doorway. She seemed to freeze when she saw the luxurious contents of Griffin's house. I chuckled and pulled her hand to enter immediately.

Delilah entered with me into the ample living room. I can see the twinkling of the girl's eyes not stopping to stare at all the things in this house. Then I nudged her arm and whispered, "Do you think this is the first time you've seen a rich man's house?"

She turned to me with narrowed eyes. "No. This is the first time I've stepped into a big house."

"Griffin Maverick sure is fucking rich. His family is even richer than mine. He's royal, humble and---"

"THEODOR ALDRICH! MY BABE!" I can hear Griffin's roar coming down the stairs. He was wearing a bomber jacket. He looked ridiculous as usual and I smiled. "Finally you came ...." and then his eyeballs turned to look at Delilah. He seemed to smile as if he was thinking about something. "Is she your girlfriend?"

"No!" We answered together.

"Aww!! You both are such a lovely couple!"

I don't understand what Griffin is trying to say. Lovely couple? I didn't even think about getting married for the rest of my life. I only love myself.

"Shut the fuck up, Griff!" I said.

"Okay, then who is she?"