21. A Real Psychopath

"I have to kill you to free Delilah."

- Theodor Aldrich

"Do you hate me now?" asked Griffin.

I didn't answer. My eyes glanced at the stretch of rope still binding my hands. It's getting dark, the sky is going to rain, but I have to get away from this place. Finding Delilah. Where is she?

"This is your last day, Theodor. At least beg for your life," said Griffin, who was babbling again.

"Griff, do you have a grudge against me?"

"Umm, not really. But you are fucking annoying sometimes."

"I won't force or beg for myself, but I want to know where Delilah is now? She had nothing to do with any of this." I asked gently with my entire sentence. Just hope Griffin softens when he hears me.

"You looking for her? Okay, Delilah is having fun with Roman. She's safe there."

"WHAT?" I screamed in surprise.

Won't let Roman or any of his men touch my girl.

My girl, yeah, she's my girl, right?"

"Theo, you don't need to be jealous. They treat Del like a queen there. Roman likes her."

"Are you crazy? She's innocent, please let her go!"

"So you fuckin' love her, huh?" Another guy came into our conversation. When I saw him, my eyes couldn't blink knowing he was Zach who was also part of Raxel.

"Zach?"

"You're an idiot. Still getting to know me."

And for a moment I also realized that all this time it was Zach who was targeting me. He wants to eliminate me. That must have been ordered by Roman. So, Griffin and Zach work at Raxel. But Zach never told me about Raxel before. Was that part of his plan?

"Zach, you escaped from prison and now you're here! Why did you do that?" I asked him before he threw away his cigarette.

"Only one thing, money and freedom."

"Did Ramon pay you more to kill me?"

"Not as expensive as you think. Ramon only paid me the same price as I killed people on the street. He asked me to do it for you. So I agreed because I already know you," he told me and I realized that every sentence was not a lie. "So I escaped from prison but with Ramon's help."

"This isn't true, Zach!"

Zach grinned and I could see his true psychopathic side. It made me afraid that he would kill me in his cruel way.

"I'm only here for my job. It's really troublesome, but I will kill you calmly."

"Wait!" I stopped him as he took something out of his jacket pocket. "Can I talk to someone before I die?"

"You mean, talk to that girl, right?"

He turned out to be good at guessing me.

"Yes, she is my lover. Can I talk to her for a moment? Before I die, this is my last request."

Zach came closer. When he was about to hand me his cellphone, I managed to kick him hard enough until his body slammed on the wet ground. Zach looked surprised at my action against him. Even though we were in the same cell and spent time in prison, a person's personality will not change. Zach is still the same. He's a criminal.