25. Confession and Regret

"Aren't you mine?"

Theodor Aldrich

I hope that bastard is dead. I shot it exactly where it was supposed to be. I guess there’s no time to save him. I hope he’s really dead.

After Delilah and I threw ourselves into the pool, all the guards started to surround us. I couldn't fight them because my weapon was submerged in water. So the only way is to escape. I kept pulling Delilah's hand, who seemed to be having difficulty with her dress. All our clothes were soaked. Then I took Delilah into my arms. She's cold.

"I can't fight them all," I whispered to Delilah by the pool.

"Where's your gun?"

"Sink in the water."

"Oh my god, what a fool! Then how do we get out of here?" Delilah panicked as all Roman's men stood around us. “They're all armed."

"We have to escape."

"If only it worked, the moment we move, they will definitely shoot us!" Delilah replied.

"Then we surrender? No. Their boss is dead."

"Theodor Aldrich."

I heard a familiar voice from behind some of the men. Then the person appeared with an annoyed look at me. And guess who else if not Griffin Maverick. He's Roman's accomplice. I should have killed him.

Griffin stood some distance in front of us. The focus never leaves me. I held Delilah's hand.

"So he's a traitor. Doesn't that hurt you?" Delilah whispered.

"I misjudged Griff, I shouldn't have let him live."

"Griff!" Delilah suddenly shouted his name. "I didn't expect this from you. You're so mean! Why did you do this to Theo? He's your friend."

Griffin pulled back a crooked smile. It was very annoying. "I'm his friend? That's just a lie."

"Then what are you waiting for? Just kill me!"

Delilah put up her body to protect me. I won't let that girl inflame herself. Especially just for me.

"You're crazy, aren't you? Why would you die just for me?" I prevented her from standing in front of me. "Don't do anything silly. Please!"

"Just keep quiet."

"No, Del! Get behind me!"

"I don't want to!" I forgot she was a stubborn girl. It's useless for me to force her.

"This is so funny. A couple protects each other, but you two are the ones who will die." Griffin chirped as his hand pointed a gun at us.

"Please, let her go, Griff! Isn't she involved in this matter?" I tried to persuade him.

Although it's kind of pointless because Griffin won't listen.

"Did you forget or fool? That girl has entered too far into your life. She already knows a lot about you. About my games and she can even hurt you," said Griffin. then his gun pointed at Delilah. "So, she is the one who has to die first."