7. Obey the Boss or Die

"You're just a kid who's about to become his puppet."

— Theodor Aldrich

In the past five months, I was just a young boy who didn't know anything about the outside shitty world. I was always in my luxurious house with a few dutiful helpers and away from parental supervision. Even though I am a wealthy person, I cannot have a normal life. Being born in the Aldrich family doesn't make me able to enjoy a normal life. I'm always being watched. protected. Escorted. So that just makes me furious and helpless.

My father is Mario Aldrich. He is a successful business man of his biggest companies. But he did not share his affection towards me. He's a tough dad. Indifferent. And always firm. While my mother is from the richest family named Kaira Aldrich. Her attitude was so different from her husband's. She is the best mother in my life. She is compassionate, loving and angelic. I was lucky to be born from her womb, but since a few years my mother died, Mario Aldrich turned into the most cruel person. He didn't care about me and abandoned me in a luxurious house. He's pathetic. Blaming himself for Kaira's death because of his fatal accident that night.

At that time he only left his wife for a while to buy something---on Valentine's day, but when he came back he was helpless to see his wife burning in the car. Dad said that the car accidentally caught fire. For years my father gathered all the evidence to put people in jail, but he couldn't find the real culprit. He cursed himself ever since. He was a bad father and often ran away with all his mistakes.

I became ineffectual after he left me. I thought that living in a luxurious house from his influence would not work. Then I thought about looking for a job to be able to let go of all my attachments to Mario Aldrich. I also thought about changing the family's last name, but I couldn't. When my father found out that I didn't care about him anymore, I started looking for another life out there. I'm free with all the escorts of the people at home. Until I went into business when I met Cody Ayhner. He took me to a business club that looked like it was off illegal, i can't guess what they did. But Cody seems experienced. I joined that business and they made me a higher paid worker. They put forward some conditions that I must obey the boss or die.

"If you agree, you will be the richest guy. Even though you were born too rich," said Cody who sat beside me. We were at the club and spending the night with some girls dancing on a pole. "Do you want to live in the shadow of your father's money?"

"I was born into a rich family, but I'm not what I used to be. The family is broken. I was abandoned and I can't live off his money. I can do anything so I can get out of his life." 

Cody grinned and put an arm around my shoulder.

"Then you are lucky to join Raxel. You can be the leader of that business there." 

I don't know what kind of work Raxel does. Raxel is like the name of a group or gang of certain people in it. Like Cody, he wears a bracelet with RX on his wrist. I also saw that the bracelet had a snake head pattern on it.

"I'm sure the boss will like you, Theo," Cody said again.

I was a little drunk at the time. I haven't agreed yet but Cody has already put the snake head bracelet on my hand. I'm starting to get surprised.

"Now you are a part of Raxel. You will become a core member.”

The following day I went to meet Cody at the place we promised. When I got there, I saw that there were both black luxury cars and a truck with goods which I don't know. There were about ten people in this place. We gathered in an empty building and I saw someone sitting there. He was like the King or Raxel's chief boss that Cody used to talk about. Is it him? The man in the RX logo jacket turned to face me. He greeted me with a big smile.

"Finally you came! Theodor ... Ald--"

“Just call me Theo." I corrected it.

"Okay, Theo! I'm glad to see you join in my business. Even though you are only 19 years old, you are quite brave." He said, then extended his hand to me. "I'm Ramon and I'm the Boss here. But you can be my companion or assistant… that's quite interesting isn't it?"

"I don't want to be anyone's subordinate. I just want to work and then you pay me enough.”

Ramon chuckled with his gold teeth who were in the front row. I was just speechless in front of him. Stared at him seriously until he completely stopped laughing.

"Let's be serious," he said, then he invited me to sit next to his throne. “I have chosen you to work with me, this job is fucking easy as long as you always comply."

I listened to him carefully.

"Cody, can you please bring the goods here?” Ramon told him, he nodded and went to get it.

Then Cody came back with a large black box that had been locked. I didn't know what was inside until Ramon opened the box and showed it to me. He grinned as I swallowed my saliva at the sight of all the weapons.

"This is your job." Ramon said.

"What do I have to do?" I asked him.

"Just dropping this item off at the address I specified. You'll be sending it in a special car, I've got your money ready,” Then Ramon took one of the box bags that contained a wad of money. I can't count how many there are. But that's quite a lot.

"Isn't this too much?”

"There will be more if you manage to do it.” Ramon closed the bag. "After all you are a rich guy, seeing this much money isn't the first time right?"

"But this is the first time I've ever seen my own money."

"Then do your job, I've put the address on your phone. Ah, there's a special GPS in the car. If you try to escape, my men will chase or kill you."

I agree to do the job.