Chapter 14

VICS POV
I pushed down on the accelerator, hard, speeding off into the distance, sending Kellin and Brendon flying back in their seats.
'What's wrong with a taxi?' Brendon yelled, trying to make his voice heard over the noise of the engine.
'It cost thirty dollars to get ten miles.. we don't have the money.' I muttered.
'So we're gunna go carjacking now?' Kellin said.
'It's not my fault someone's stupid enough to keep the doors unlocked and the keys in. Anyway, this cars good enough.' I snapped.
'Uhh.. you alright?' Kellin asked.
I looked at him and noticed the lace of concern on his face.
I gave him a small smile and loosened the grip on the steering wheel, 'Yeah, I just hope my brothers okay, that's all.'
'You're close with him right?' Kellin asked.
I nodded, 'Yeah, we are.'
Kellin gave me a small smile before my eyes returned back onto the road.
'Where are we?' Kellin asked.
'Nearly in Ohio..' I muttered.
'This is gunna take ages..' Brendon said.
I shook my head, 'We'll get a plane from Michigan to Arizona.'
'How will we get from Arizona to California?' Brendon said.
'Drive. Train. I don't know yet.'
They all nodded, Kellin sloped back in his seat and sighed.
'Music?' I asked.
He smiled and nodded, so I flicked through the station before finding a station that was playing Iron Maiden.
'Is this okay?' I asked.
But I got no reply.
I turned my head to see Kellin lip syncing and air guitaring to the song, before full on pelting out the lyrics,
'CAN I PLAY WITH MADNESS? THE PROPHET STARED AT HIS CRYSTAL BALL, CAN I PLAY WITH MADNESS? NOW THERES NO VISION THERE AT ALLLLLL!'
I laughed at him and shook my head.
'What?' He laughed.
'Nothing, carry on.' I snickered.
He giggled and buried his face in his hands, 'I love this song so much.'
I smirked, 'I realised.'
God he's cute
——-
I pulled up outside a small diner and sat in the car for a while, staring at it.
'How much money do you have guys?' I asked, noting that I only had $40 left.
'I have $35, I spent $10 on snacks the other day.' Kellin said.
I turned towards Brendon, 'Uh, I have..' He started, flicking through the notes.
'$60' He confirmed.
'Okay..' I said hesitantly.
'I guess we have enough for food, but we still need gas to get to Michigan.' I said.
Kellin nodded and pressed his lips gently to mine, making my mouth curved up into a smile.
'What was that for?' I giggled.
He shrugged, 'It's been a while since we've done that so..' He smiled sheepishly.
I stroked the side of his face with my thumb, getting lost in his green - blue eyes, that reminded me of a warm ocean.
'Okay, lets get some food before I throw up.' Brendon grumbled.
I smirked and tore my gaze away from Kellins eyes, opened the door and clambered out of the car.
'I can't wait to get out of the country, I hate this..' Kellin murmured.
'What do you mean?' I asked gently.
'I'm constantly waiting to see someone from the prison.. and that will be it. We'll be straight back there.' He whispered.
'I won't let that happen.' I told him.
'Promise?'
'I promise Kells.'
He smiled and linked his hand with mine.
The diner looked half decent for one that was built on a highway, so I couldn't wait to get inside and eat till I couldn't anymore.
We'd finished the snacks a while ago and I get hungry easily, especially after having to live on crappy rations in the prison, I can finally eat actual food now.
I smiled at the thought of having a nice meal, which we haven't done since we left a few days ago.
'Hello boys, table for three?' The waitress asked.
I nodded and followed her as she lead us to our table.
We sat in the seats, breathing a sigh of relief as the soft leather cushioned our aching bodies.
I picked up a news paper and flicked through, finding an interesting article to read about, but really, they were all pretty boring.
I sighed and held the paper up reading an article about a lost dog.
It made me feel normal again, and I wanted to see what had happened since I'd last been let out.
I rolled my eyes, 'A dog's gone missing for a day and they write a bloody article abo-' I stopped when I saw Kellin staring at the back of the paper with wide eyes.
'W-what?' I stuttered, turning the paper over.
My heart leapt in my chest when I saw the headline,
3 boys escaped New York's prison of Homosexuality last week.
Followed by a picture of each one of us.
Brendon stood up quickly, 'We need to leave.'
He said quickly.
'Now.'

But it was too late.
The sound of sirens echoed up the highway..
——————-
(A/N)
Hiyaaa
I haven't published in a while so I thought I'd give y'all this crappy chapter lmao😂
Hope everyone had a good New Year, I'm hoping this year will be better than last year but who knows?😂
Anywayyyy,
Hope you have/had a good day and I'll see y'all in the chapterrrrrr
Byeeee👋🏻👋🏻
-ObsessedBandTrash👣