And So The End Begins: Part 2

The chapter as a whole was super long almost 10,000 words. So I decided to split it in two for you guys. This is the final part to this story.  

Then everything was quiet and I felt a jerk. I waited a second then two, but I was alive as far I could tell. I opened my eyes and everything seemed to be in slow motion. I saw mother on her feet and her mouth was open, no that's not right everyone was standing and seemed to move towards us. Then I felt something hot sliding down my arm and it was red, my eyes moved up and my heart stopped. Bella had a knife gouged in the king's throat and the King's dagger for me, was in her chest his hand still on the handle.

Then time sped up and they both fell back. The King's hands reaching for the knife in his throat and his voice gurgling as he pulled it out and blood rushed forth from the now open wound. Bella falling backward towards me. I was yelling now struggling to free myself from the bonds that prevented me from helping her, "I told you I could not live without you, see what you did." Her voice was strained as she giggled or tried to with the blood seeping from her mouth. "Bella no Bella, please don't leave me." My bound body strained to wrap my arms around her. "I know I'm sorry big sister, I couldn't keep my promise." Her voice quieting as her face paled and her hand still holding mine as the other wiped my tears. Before ultimately sliding down my face as her body lowered to the floor unable to keep herself up. At this point, time was now up to speed and chairs tumbled and crashed as they hit the floor. "Arabella!" mother's voice cut across the air and she dropped to the floor beside her. Mother gathered Bella in her arms and rocked her dying child, father called for help.

Jasper seemed only frozen as his father bled out in front of him. I closed my eyes and wailed. My body bucked against the cold marble slab as I screamed and screamed and screamed. Guards burst in and paused rendering themselves silent at the scene before them. Magnolia yelled at them to help and quickly they jumped back into action and handled the situation. I was unlocked from the table and was greeted with the sight of them covering my sister with a white sheet as they did with the king. My little bit of strength left me and I exhaled into unconsciousness.

It had now been about a week since Bella died and a sadness has been cast over the whole kingdom. The townspeople reeling from the sudden death of the supposed Good King Eren. Jasper seems now only a ghost of himself, his face now gaunt and those swirled eyes now lined with grief. Though his state is the same for all of us here in the castle. The townspeople were told the king died from a sudden heart attack no one saw coming. Every since I had awoken from that ghastly day, a familiar and comforting face has been by my side. Corbyn. He has been my constant companion and not once left my side. When he got word the king died he raced right back to the castle. I think he is afraid I'll take my own life, but he need not be afraid. I would not take this life Bella worked so hard to protect. I think my mother is the one we need to watch. She is sick with grief and rarely rises from the bed.

"What's going on in that head of yours Anna," Corbyn asked looking intently into my eyes. "I was wondering how I didn't realize she was going to give her life for me." I said seriously, "I mean how could I be so dumb and not see how affected she was. For mystics sake Gypsy warned me but I didn't listen." Corbyn deeply sighed at my response thinking before answering me. "Anna I know now you don't see it, but this is not your fault. It was the king he drove everyone to make the decisions they did." What Corbyn said was true, but I feed into the madness of it all too. I was to sidetracked in my selfishness and hate to realize how everyone else was taking the situation. "Where is Jasper?" I only asked because the funeral procession was today for the king through all the townships before finally laying him to rest in the royal catacombs.

"My father is talking with him now," Corbyn replied. Oh yes I remembered his father, Marshall, briefly visited me when he got back to the capital. In a fever dream I ended up telling him where the queen was kept, which he promptly told Jasper. "It will be a whole day before King Eren is laid to rest next to his beloved queen," my body shuddered at the thought of the queen having to lay next to that man. "This time they will really bury the bodies," Corbyn adds before rolling off the bed. "Are you going to get breakfast?" He nodded and left for the door. I heard talking outside the door, before my father walked in. "Hi honeydrop, still in bed I see," I gave my father a soft smile no longer giving him a hard time. It was the on the third day after the sacrifice that father came to check on me and he finally had his breakdown.