Leaving the Wolf Den

Anna

After Corbyn's display of affection towards me, earlier my tired mind wouldn't settle down for some well-needed rest on the comfy bed. All I could think about was Corbyn and the way he acted towards me what did it mean, how I should act next time, I see.

That look in his eyes held longing and his actions sure did show me that. Taking a deep breath, I pulled the thick covers over my head to block out the sunlight that peeked through the curtains. Oh my mystics!

Turning over I banged my head into the pillows that lay beneath me hoping to bang out the embarrassment in my system. Corbyn saw me practically naked why did that thought just occur to me now.

I had completely forgotten I was changing clothes when he grabbed me. The only thing I still had on was my thin sheer slip that I wore under that yellow dress. Why mystics why me, I would not be able to face him now. I'm barely able to hold eye contact with him now I won't even to be in the same room.

A soft knock broke my inner ranting and a whispered "Miss Anna," had me completely focused on the door. Sitting up I sadly departed from the feathery soft bed and opened the door. "Oh! Good morning Miss Anna. I'm surprised your awake your sister Miss Arabella told me you'd be hard to get up." Sheba said with a hint of surprise in her timid voice.

"Yeah usually, but I've been awake for a while," I said. "Oh was the bed not to your standards you should have pulled the bed side rope." "No No it wasn't the room, the room is absolutely wonderful. It was me I had a lot on my mind." Sheba gave me a thoughtful look and handed me my bag with the instructions to be ready in twenty minutes for lunch.

Closing the door, I looked through my bag and pulled out a pale blue dress with butterfly print on it. Walking past the window to the attached bathroom the sound of laughter stopped me.

Parting the heavy curtains, I gazed outside to see Corbyn and Arabella playing with the little wolf children. Arabella looked almost angelic in a rose colored dress with her golden her flying in the air as they ran around. Her laughs sounding like tinkling bells and her smiles breathtaking as always.

Corbyn's serious demeanor vanished as the werewolf children transformed him into a jungle gym. His laugh was a rich baritone and his onyx eyes shone in playfulness. A feeling of jealously bubbled in my stomach when Corbyn grabbed Bella by her waist and spun her around.

His usual hidden smiles were now out for the world to see and Arabella's squeals of delight prompted more from him. Snatching the curtains back closed I stomped to the bathroom and slammed the door.

Apparently, our moment last night meant nothing and my over analyzing of the situation was wasted. Why does this dumb vampire have the power to make me feel so silly and childlike when I've barely know him for three days.

Deciding to be fancy, I leave part of my hair out in the front and pull the rest up in a bun. However having short hair does provide some difficulties because the shorter strands in the back decide to fall out the bun.

Quickly washing I change into my dress and apply a light rouge color to my lips. Checking the mirror before I exit I nod in approval of this, the rouge on my lips brings out my green irises. Stepping out into the silenced filled hallway, I try to retrace my steps from earlier and find the dining room.

A door suddenly opening to my left made me jump in surprise, only to be face to face with an angry looking Taffeta. Her curly hair was a bird's nest and bags were nestled underneath her eyes. Taking a step back from the enraged Taffeta I noticed she held a small caramel skin baby with wolf with ears and a tail.