Just This Once

Just This Once

Corbyn

                 "What is that girl to you?" mother asked as soon as I entered the sitting room. Looking at my mother, Cordelia, I gave her a raised eyebrow. "Frankly mother I don't believe it is any of your business." 

"Well Corbyn as long as what you're doing with her is happening under my roof I believe it is." She gave me a level look daring me to go against her. She chuckled "I thought I was going to have to go up there and break you two up before you did something you'd regret."

             "I wouldn't have regretted it." I mumbled under my breathe, but with vampire ears she heard me. "Be careful and think through your actions son. The only thing you feel for that girl is lust nothing more. The only thing that draws you to her is the blood that runs through her veins. Don't forgot why you are taking them to capital," with that mother walked towards me and smiled.

                 "Remember dear son, that family is nothing but unneeded trouble for us especially with King Eren breathing down their necks." She kissed my cheek and walked out the room. Doesn't she realize I know this  already. Anna is nothing but a fun distraction and besides I'm doing Peter a favor by showing his daughters male attention.

                       "That's not true you're developing feelings for that girl." "Stay out of my head Birch!," I shout at my younger sister. "Why are you denying your true feelings, is it hard to accept the truth. I see how you look at her with concern and fondness." Birch's unblinking eyes stayed trained on me as I paced about the room.

                         "Concern and fondness are you mad? The only reason I do that is because King Eren wants his most prized possession in perfect condition when we reach the capital. Even if I did have feelings towards her it would be for the blood she has." I said denying everything my sister said. 

She looks at me sadly "Yes I guess that is the reason, but one thing I must ask why her and not Arabella. What sets her apart from Arabella? When it would seem she is the more appealing of the two."

                 "She is the kind of woman men would say are easy on the eyes." I was at a loss for words. It's true why not Arabella, why am I so enamored with Anna. I guess Birch realized I was stumped from her last comment and bid me goodnight. There was just something about Anna that just draws me to her.

It's not just her blood, because if it were just that I'd be all over Arabella. No maybe it's because I've never met someone as vibrant and full of life. Maybe it's the way her emerald eyes light up when I tell her about my past travels or maybe it's the way she's always smiling and trying to give comfort to her family.

              I really don't know what it is about her, but what happened in her room just confirmed that maybe she's as drawn to me as I am her. So just this once I'll acknowledge my growing feelings towards her.

Anna

                "Wake up ...Wake up." I heard I didn't want to get up. I was having a marvelous dream about " I said wake up!" and the covers were snatched off my body. I instantly jumped and landed with a thud on the hard wood floors. 

"Good you're awake. Now stop dilly dallying and follow me to the bathroom." I shot my mom a glare and picked myself off the floor. Just yesterday she was crying thanking the mystics for my health now she's back to her yelling self.

                        "What time is it?" "A little after six,'' she replied. I almost ran back to bed when I heard that. "Why are we up so early?" "Because.." was her only answer. Sighing I just continued following behind her. "Good morning Corbyn." "Good morning Miss Gwendolyn. I hope you had a good night's rest."