Maybe Dreams Do Come True

Arabella

       "Gwendolyn can you pass some more of your delicious greens please." "Of course dear," my mother answers my father sweetly while passing the bowl of greens to father. "Arabella you're barely eating your dinner. Are you feeling alright?" father asks staring at me. 

Of course, I'm not all right; I was just attacked by hybrids only a few hours earlier I want to scream at my father. Unfortunately, it seems my family rather just forget this whole incident and continue on as if it never happened. Therefore, I just answer father as sweetly as mother did and told him I was quite all right that I just didn't have much of a appetite.

      Arielle keeps the conversation light and easy during dinner by telling jokes and asking father how his trip went. "Gwenny you must write the recipe for your poison root wine for me. I can taste the joy of the mystics with every sip," Arielle asks.

 "But I thought you already knew how to make it seeing as I got the recipe from you." "I know I know but once I added a little too much poison while making it for my husband and now he actually thinks I'm trying to kill him."

 Arielle chuckles out most likely already drunk from the strong wine. "That silly wizard actually thinks I would plot to kill him after all we've been through and besides killing him is the last thing on my mind," she says with the rolling of her eyes.

      Even though I'm barely paying any attention to the conversation I still heard Arielle's funny antics regarding her full breed wizard husband and this makes me let out a giggle. Even though I never met him the way Arielle talks about him sounds as if he's the kind of person who keeps you on your toes.

 Sadly, this funny banter between my parents and Arielle isn't enough to get my sister Anna's kicked puppy look out of my mind. Anna looked so down when I left for dinner granted that she needs to fill the weight of her actions today. 

But I still can't help but feel bad for her all she wanted to do was to show our parents that she could protect herself outside of the barrier. Unfortunately, her plan failed miserably and landed us both in a life-threatening situation. Though not seeing her usual smiling face makes me want to stand up and fight all her inner battles just so I can see that bright smile once again.  

    "May I be excused?" I ask. Father looks at me quizzically for a moment before nodding his head. Mother looks nervous like she's about to jump out of her skin and Arielle's signature smirk is replaced by a all business look. I'm about to ask what's with everyone before a stern look from father makes me close my mouth and go to the room to check on Anna.

Arielle

    "I'm going to get straight to the point," I say as soon as Arabella is out of earshot. "You need to," "Please let's not talk about this now. Peter just got home and the girls are shaken up from today. You just can't we'll discuss this another time. I promise No! I swear." Gwendolyn interrupts with her rambling.

 I'm trying my hardest to be understanding and patient, but times run out. Calmly I tell them that the king demands they come to the castle so the sacrifice may take place. "Are you sure we can't prolong this anymore I feel like it was just yesterday we made the deal." 

Peter asks shaking his head. "My heart goes out to you but this is not up for negotiation, Good King Eren demanded that your family come to the capital no later than two weeks from now. I tried to ask for a extension on this matter but his mind is made up and he will not move on his decision." I added.

     "If you all do not come within your time limit I will regrettable be forced to bring you myself with armed guards.'' I say as a forewarning just in case they try something. "What are we going to tell the girls," Gwendolyn murmurs to herself.

 "I'll be taking my leave now. I'm sure my silly wizard must be going mad without me home. I strengthened the barrier around the house as you asked and as always Gwenny, dinner was amazing." 

I say returning to my usual cheer. As Peter lead me out the I take in Gwendolyn's tear stained face and couldn't help but feel that I was bringing the downfall of this family. Guilt laced through my veins but not for too long because I knew they were doomed as soon as they made the deal with our countries King Eren. 

Anna 

     The house was usually quiet tonight. Father never called me in for our talk about this morning's disaster at the market and I don't hear mother's usual banging of the dishes when she's angry. This unknown is killing me with anticipation of what's to come.

 Arabella's soothing words and hair braiding is not enough to calm my frantic nerves. But, playing cards does manage to push it to the back of my mind. So when our parents come in the room past the midnight hour I knew something happened or I was in more trouble than I realized. 

My mother wore a expression that seemed to say the world is on my shoulders and I'm breaking, while my father wore a I'm putting on my brave face but truthfully I just want to run and hide look.

"If Anna is going to be punished then so am I," Arabella states bravely. My respect and love for my younger sister just went to the moon and back. She still wants to stand by me even after all that happened today. 

"Oh Arabella no one's getting punished." Wait did I just hear my mother right I'm not in trouble. This can't be right. "Mother?" I say softly. Mom gives me a level look and cracks a sad smile.

"I know today didn't go right for any of us and I must apologize for slapping you Anna. It wasn't right of me to take my anger out on you it should have been on those sick hybrids in that cursed market. I know I keep you in this house but you must understand it's to keep you and your sister safe." Mother says. 

All I can do is just nod my head. Mother never apologizes to anyone not even father. I glance at Arabella and she just looks as confused as I am. "We're heading to the capital tomorrow," father states suddenly. 

 I'm starting to think that I am dreaming because what's happening right now is almost too good to be true. Please mystics don't let this just be my imagination making up what I want to hear.

 "I can assure Anna you're not dreaming but we are not visiting for vacation my mother has became very ill since my last visit. So we're heading there to spend final moments together with her as a family." Father sates sternly.

"Oh?" was the only appropriate answer that came to my head at the moment. No wonder my parents looked so crushed. Grandmamma Magnolia was going to soon be with the mystics. With this my parents left our room with rushed goodnights.

 As if the room was choking the life out of them."That was weird." Arabella stated, "I feel awful about grandmamma Magnolia though she didn't look that old last time we visited granted we were only little girls last time we came barely even five. I do remember little things about her though.

 She always smelled like her namesake, she gave us sweet little honey candies, and she performed magical tricks for us. Remember Anna" "Yeah I kind of do. How do you even remember that much and your younger than me?" I said after a while, but when I didn't hear a reply, I knew Arabella had fallen asleep. 

Something bothered me though about this sudden trip, but I couldn't say exactly what. I won't complain though. I'm finally going places even though it's not exactly how I imagined it I'm taking what I can get. For now at least.

I must dedicate this long overdue chapter update krystaltheweirdo for giving me the inspiration and push to continue writing my first story on wattpad.