Everything is Blue

So in this chapter there is a bit of a time skip. There is less than a month till the sacrifice. For the music I put in chapter if you play it I say wait till later in the chapter to start it, but you do you.

A lot has happened in the past month my family and I came to King Eren's castle. I found out my parents had planned to sacrifice my life to the King and my sister is to marry Prince Jasper, heir to the throne. No one will tell me the reason why I am to die, except that it will benefit us all, but I find that hard to believe. Also within this time I had managed to grow closer to our escort and royal messenger, Corbyn, the vampire. Growing so close to one another that I had almost gave him my purity, but I think that was a blessing in disguise because I want to get to know him better. However, Corbyn is now gone far away on some mission from the king. I know this was just a plot to isolate me from someone who could have been a great help in my plan to escape my fate.

I have managed to forgive and join forces with my younger sister, Arabella to try and figure out an escape plan. So far we've ruled out slipping out the palace at night because there seems to be guards posted at every nook and cranny all over this place. Even though the servants leave at certain times, they are checked out and searched by guards. Courtesy of King Eren who wishes to keep me confined in this place. All of my movements are watched, so I have to put up a front of accepting my fate. Prince Jasper and I still go out horseback riding, but we never talk about what's going to happen later this very month. Though he doesn't agree with his father his allegiance still lies with him. I have met with Gypsy several times already, but all she speaks is in riddles and circles. So it is hard to keep up with what she truly means.

Today was one of those days I was to meet with her for some type of useful advice. We always met in the secret library King Eren showed me when he lost his senses for a second. It was late going on two in the morning. I always feel a little bad for Gypsy because after all she's still a kid and needs her rest, but she always assures me its fine. We meet this late because it's the time after my last night time check happens and they leave me alone till morning. Once I reach the library it gives a burst of warmth as I enter to knock the chill from the bones from the frigid hallways. "I see you took your time coming, Anna." I heard the squeaky voice and turned to look down into the mismatched eyes of Gypsy. "I had to make sure they thought I was asleep before I left my room," I said impatiently after all she was the one who called this meeting. She regarded my coolly looking way beyond her years and sighed.

"Actually I called you here to tell you a story which I am sure you'll be interested to hear," she said. "Oh my mystics Gypsy you called me here for a story time. This is unbelievable I thought for once you were going to be helpful," I yelled fustratedly at the child who didn't react to my ranting. "It was my mommy who had a vision of a pureblood child who would grant the king's greatest wish. Do you know who that child was, it was a child born to the son of a magic user and a freed victim of a blood farm." She chuckled at my still form and continued her story, "My mommy told me this story practically every night it was the highlight of her career as the royal psychic of the kingdom and foreseer of the future. To be the one who pleased the king it was a great honor." Gypsy smiled sadly and looked at me and turned towards the door as if to leave.

"Wait! Where are you going you have to continue the story?" I yelled reaching out to grasp her shoulder. She turned with a confused look on her, "I thought you did not want to participate, "in story time," as you put it. I would not want to waste your precious time pureblood Anna," she said mockingly, "I apologize I do want to hear your story please continue. I beg of you," she smiled and turned her head. "Hmmm where was I. Ah yes I remember now," she said cutely. "That child was you, and my mother kept track of you as you grew older and older into a young lady as request of the king. Then tragedy struck, she fell in love with one of the King's advisors and they had a child, me." I wasn't sure where Gypsy was going with this story so I stopped her, "Wait what's wrong with falling in love and having a child," I questioned.

"Nothing, but for someone whose sees the future it is a loss of the power you hold within your eyes. There's a chance that the child you have will take your power, but it doesn't always happen because any child can be born with the power to foresee the future. Because only one person at a time may hold this power it has never been recorded of two or more future seers." Gypsy spoke with certainty and it clicked it my mind where she was leading this story, "When you were born you took your mother's powers and she lost everything." I said to her wide eyed. "Not necessarily she had bore the next head psychic right into the King's hands it was an honor in itself. However, when the next generation of psychic is born the old seer goes blind never to see again."

"Now with my mother blinded her prestige was lost and seeing as I was only a baby I had no real use yet. My father left her and married a noble hybrid from the court and had children with her. It was only me and mommy for so long, but it was fine I loved her if no one else did and she loved me. She killed herself when I was five, but it's alright because that's the honorable thing to do when you lose your visons. It is what mommy told me." Gypsy looked at me and giggled, "That was a long lead up to what I want really want to tell you. I had a brief vision a little while ago and at first I couldn't understand it, but now I do. It was a vision telling me my time as future seer is almost over because soon someone will be born with my power." She said solemnly, "What are you saying you're going to kill yourself, you can't do that I won't allow you. I'll tell the king."

"Mystics no Anna that's not what I'm saying I still have time. However, I don't want to leave you to a death that's unfair. Only someone of a purest heart and willingly blood may take your spot for the sacrifice. There is no other option or way to escape this fate Anna." Gypsy grasped my hands and looked deep into my eyes, "No one of impurity may fall by the blade, it is only you and one other, this story will not end happily by no means each future is worse than the next for you." I did not know how to handle what she was telling me I couldn't grasp it, "I have to go I can't I won't give up. Your wrong and a liar. I won't believe." I ran towards the door, "You must! You can't escape what's already written Anna I'm sorry. By the time you realize this it will too late for the bo---

"Quiet! Thank you for your help so far, but I will not be needing it for these last three weeks before the sacrifice. Goodbye." I walked away from her heading back towards my room with tears in my eyes. It can't be true, I won't let it, I'll prove her wrong, and I've done it before. I wished Corbyn was here to help me make sense of this mess that has spun around me. By the time I got back to my room I could only collapse on the bed and fall into a puddle of tears. I had so many dreams and hopes and they want to take it all from me. I don't know who this second person is, but they need to hurry up and save me from my fate since their so willing. I pulled out Corbyn's ring for me and held it close to my heart and sniffled. If I was to truly die, I wanted to go fighting, but now with Gypsy's words in my head maybe it was best to go with quiet acceptance.

As a heads up for those of you still with me and this story this is the second to last chapter of this story. So the next chapter you see will be the final one and hopefully I can have it out to you next week and stop dragging these updates out.