Uncertain the Future

I awoke to my flower filled room and yawned. I looked bedside to the small clock situated on the table and saw the time. Hurried I jumped from the bed and yanked on a robe. Oh my mystics it was already one in the morning and I had slept past the meeting time Gypsy requested. Scrambling down the empty halls I quickly retraced my steps to the library and all but thirty minutes I had made it.

"Gypsy," I quietly whispered, "I'm here," silence answered me. The hall was dark save the lantern posted on the wall. It was scary and my heartbeat picked up some. "Get a grip Anna no one is here, but you," "And me how could forget about me." I screeched and whirled around to see Gypsy. "Are you simple you almost made me have a heart attack?"

She giggled, of course, "Sorry I'm late I thought you weren't coming it's almost two in the morning." "Oh I know. Did you forget I see the future? Of course I knew you weren't going to be here silly," she spoke while yawning. "So you knew the King was going to take me to the forbidden library?"

"Yes, I did, though I did not know what was going to happen in the library," she said as her eyes slid over my bandaged shoulders. "But you see the future why wouldn't know what happened in the library. What the king said and did." "Anna you misunderstand, yes I see the future, but the future is not set in stone things are always changing in some way. I see options of the future. I see things that might be, not things that are."

Gingerly, her small hand reached out to mine and she gasped and stilled. Her mismatched eyes widened and her irises were blown. "Gypsy are you alright child," and I yanked away from her. "Anna we cannot meet again for a little while. King Eren knows I am in the palace now." She says cryptically, "Don't you live here," she shook her head no, "I reside with my father outside of the palace," she explained further with narrowed eyes.

"Anna, you have changed your future and haven't even realized it. Though it was a small change things are slightly scrambled from my first vision of today." Gypsy spoke with a tilt of her head, "Really, but I did not even do anything, though I haven't cried today like you said I would earlier." "No, well at least not yet, but in my vision, oh never mind my maid the king assigned me will soon find us. Tell me have you seen Corbyn today?" "No why Gypsy is he alright," I asked kneeling down to her height. "No reason he is fine, when you return to your room look on top of your fireplace."

"I have to go now Anna and I will see you next time and hopefully we can discuss your future more depth." Gypsy spoke while walking away from me her footsteps silent on the marble floors. "Wait what of your promise I still don't know anything about what to do," I yelled not caring who heard. "I am sorry Anna your future awaits and it is imperative you go to your room," her voice echoed off the walls as she disappeared into the night.

This is so frustrating I only have more questions than what I started with. She said I changed my future, but she didn't tell me how. Wordlessly I walked back to room irritated beyond belief I guess I learned my lesson. Never trust a random child in the hall to help you out. Finally I made it back to my room and the scent of fresh flowers assaulted my nose. I was about to get back in the bed I thought about what Gypsy said. I made my over to the fireplace and saw I folded sheet of paper. But it is not what caught my eye first. It was the ring I told Corbyn I liked at the market. The day I found out my parents lied to me all these years.

I smiled I didn't know he brought it for me and slipped it on my ring finger. The different specks of color flashing within the onyx stone reminding me of his eyes. It must be in apology for not seeing me today. I opened my letter from him.

Anna

The king has sent me away for the time being. I came to your room earlier but you were sleeping so peacefully and I did not want to disturb you with bad news. I assume the King knew or had some inkling of our budding relationship. I know you will be hurt since I was your security in your new shifting reality. If had to be honest I will tell you I knew this was going to take place. Gypsy told me of this chance when she read my futures. I thought I could avoid by changing little things that I did. Nothing of course that had anything to do between us. I loved everything we did together and wish we had more time to make plans to stop the sacrifice. If there is anyone in the palace you can trust look to Gypsy and the prince (surprisingly). He is kind and knows things. I have one well two request of you talk to your family and take this ring as a symbol of my promise to come back to you soon.

Corbyn.

I was shaking when I finished reading his letter. My only hope was gone he was the one who I was going to bounce ideas off of about how to escape my cruel fate. Rapidly blinking away tears I was breaking down all over again. The king was trying to isolate me and take anyone willing to help me away. I guess Gypsy was right there were tears in my future. I felt sick to stomach because I had no one now. Just my traitorous parents and Arabella. "Arabella," I whispered stilled in my shaking I ripped out of my room and straight into hers without knocking. "Anna, what's wrong," I answered by throwing myself into her arms. "He's gone the king took him." I needed to explain no more she knew who I was referring too.

My body trembled and shook as sobs worked their way up my throat. Even though I was mad at her even claimed to hate her. She was always with me no matter what happened. Her presence was solid in my life rain or shine. There Arabella always was by my side.

\\