Meeting His Family

Meeting His Family

Anna

Numb. My whole body felt numb. From head to toe, I couldn't feel anything. Is this what death felt like I wondered? It felt like I wasn't alive anymore and maybe this revelation was a good thing. I wouldn't mess things up anymore or cause unneeded stress to mother and father.

Arabella would be their one and only daughter and this was good. Arabella is the best. The kind of daughter parents wished for and wanted their girls to be like. She had it all the beauty, grace, and personality. Her future husband would be filled to the brim with pride for his lovely wife. A man like Corbyn I suppose would be the perfect fit for her.

They were both beautiful and amazing and their children would be even more so. I was sinking deeper into the numbing darkness and I didn't mind. I didn't want to feel jealousy for my younger sister anymore I just wanted to feel nothing. Not a single thing no sadness, sickness, or hate. Just nothing, but like all things I wish for it wasn't happening. My body was being roused from its depressed slumber.

At first, I couldn't see anything and instantly I thought I was now blind. However, rapid blinking cleared my blurred vision and the first thing I saw was black irises staring into my eyes. I started to scream, but it came out in a strangled hoarse voice. Soon I was in a coughing fit and I couldn't catch my breath. 

My eyes watered and I thought this was truly the end for me. Mystics just imaging mother and father telling people I died from a coughing fit had me feeling embarrassed. "Calm down and deep breaths," I heard. I thought the figure in front of me said it, but I didn't see a mouth move on it.

This made me even more frightened and I started gulping for air. Black spots appeared in my vision, but two hands griped my shoulders and I instantly calmed. "Are you alright now?" my breath evened out and staring at the figure, I realized it was a young girl. 

She looked around Arabella's age, but maybe I'm hallucinating because behind her stood an exact copy of her. Letting go of my shoulders she introduced herself.

"I'm Birch and this is my twin sister Maple," she said motioning behind her. The twin stepped forward and stood beside Birch. These two were exact copies of each other. Both sported red hair, onyx eyes, and wore the same outfit. 

There was one peculiar thing I noticed Birch didn't open her mouth when she spoke. "How are you doing that?." I asked. "Doing what?" "That! Speaking into my mind." Both smiled and turned their attention towards the door. "Excuse us." I didn't know whether Birch or Maple said that.

I felt so confused by this turn of events and proceeded to sit up when they left the room. Looking around I saw I was in a small baby blue room that only held a vanity and a dresser. There were only two doors the one Birch and Maple walked out of and what I supposed was the closet.

My body was stiff and as I shifted to get out the bed, my bones popped. Placing my feet on the floor, I noticed how cold it was in the room. I was in a nightgown and my hair was a bird's nest I realized when I looked into the vanity's mirror.

As I neared the door, it swung open barely missing my face. I was face to face with the man that hunted my dreams. I look of relief swept across his handsome features, but was soon replaced with serious look. "What are you doing out of bed?" 

I started to answer, but my hoarse voice sent me into another coughing fit. He stepped towards me and enveloped me into his warm embrace. His hand soothingly went up and down my back and soon the fit subsided.

He didn't let go, he only tightened his grip around me. I inhaled his spicy scent and closed my eyes in comfort. It felt like we stood there for eons, but I knew it was only a few minutes. A low growl rumbled in his throat, as he let me go and distanced us.