Your Highness

Anna

I didn't sleep well because of Corbyn's cryptic words on my mind. What could he have possible meant by that. Does he think my grandmamma's impending death will affect me that much? Who knows what he meant. I should really be focusing on the fact that we finally kissed.

It was truly amazing his lips were so soft and fit perfectly against mine. Rising from my mat I saw a carriage at the edge of our mini campground. "Umm who ordered the carriage," I asked out loud. "His highness Good King Eren ordered this for us. We shall ride in it to the Capital," mother explained.

"Northern Capital ma'am to be specific, his majesty is the king of the Northern Capital not just the Capital as you put." The driver added. "Thank you for the explanation uh?" mother said, "Nathan ma lady my name is Nathan and your most welcome." Nathan gushed.

We all hurried and dressed not wanting to keep the king waiting. I thought it was weird we were seeing the king first instead of grandmamma Magnolia. Soon we were all squeezed into the carriage, save Corbyn who sat in front with the driver and we set off. As we rode on the forest gave way to houses and those houses gave way to buildings and large structures.

I saw hybrids of all kinds outside working in fields and more hybrids out and about going through their day. It was a large city area and everyone was busy doing something. Other horse and buggies crowed the streets making the land seem almost congested and fill to the brim with people and buildings.

About ten minutes later we came upon an immense gate with guards keeping an eye on everyone entering. Soon we were inside those gates and in the royal courtyard where the carriage stopped and we were escorted into an even immerser castle. Corbyn walked in between me and Bella.

"Try not to stare when you lay eyes on the king alright." Corbyn whispered. "Why would we stare? We're not children." I said annoyed, "Because the king is missing an eye and under no circumstances bring up his late wife." I was going to say something back, but we already reached our destination.

Guards pushed open the heavy oak doors and there we were presented to the king. "Your highness Good King Eren may I present to you Sir Peter and his wife Lady Gwendolyn and their two daughters Anna and Arabella and accompanying them Royal Messenger Corbyn. We all bowed before him.

"It is lovely seeing you after all these years Peter and Gwendolyn and you too little Anna. I remember when you were only knee high." The king says fondly "I see you wasted no time in raising up two beautiful daughters. The king got up from his throne and walked towards us.

The king was enormous he towered over all of us including Corbyn, who was every bit of six inches. "Ahh Corbyn, my boy, your father, Marshall just left to return home. It's a shame you missed him." "Yes, a crying shame your majesty. Don't worry after a wrap my business up here I'll be returning home myself." Corbyn revealed.

"Damn missed the pleasantries already my apologies," a young hybrid man said as he burst through the entrance doors. "Watch your mouth son there are ladies in your presence." So this was the kings son, a prince, I didn't know he had a son.

"May I introduce my son, Prince Jasper of the Northern Capital." The king spoke. "Lovely to meet you all," he said giving us a small bow and we bowed and curtsied back. "Well shall we get down to business now," the king bellowed. "But first we have to see my ill mother your majesty." Father rushed.

The king looked confused as if he didn't know what my father is talking about. "Oh that's what you're going with, not what we discussed, but I will humor you.... For now at least. Peter, Gwendolyn can I speak with you in private. Girls please excuse us for a moment." The king said annoyed for some reason.

When King Eren said to excuse him and my parents I thought they were going to leave the room, no they just went to the other side of it. I took this time to closer examine my surroundings. Corbyn was right the king's missing eye does throw you off. The eye patch he wears doesn't really help.

I can tell it must have hurt severely when he got it. It looks as if whatever was used to make the wound started in his forehead but was dragged down into his eye. Other than his missing eye the king looks like a regular hybrid, he has stark white wolf ears reminding me of the werewolf children in Alpha Griffin's pack.

His hair was a mixture of grays and brown, considering his age I wasn't surprised to see those grays. But his eye were the real selling point of his aging face, they were a distinct yellow. It seemed as if it held so much knowledge and wisdom within it.

Just like his father, Prince Jasper, had white wolf ears. Though his hair was a bluish brown color. The blue must come from his late mother I suppose and he was tall, about the same height as Corbyn.

His eyes though were a swirl a colors. Green, blue, brown, and almost a fuchsia color. They reminded me of a rainbow. I turned my attention to the décor of the large room. Everything looked so nice and sparkly, I was afraid if I looked to hard my gaze might smudge the nice walls. Portraits lined the walls of the throne room, some of his majesty and others were ancestors. I didn't see one of his late wife though, I thought it was weird. Some were of the prince and him and others were them separately.

There were two thrones, but one was set apart from the other. The throne on the right had a crown and a septor on it. Was it for the prince, but that can't be right cause the prince already was wearing a crown.

"The crown and septor are for the honoring of my late mother, the queen." A voice said into my ear. I whirled around to come face to face with the prince. "Oh I'm sor- sorry excuse me for staring." I stuttered bowing my head in respect.

"It's quite alright Anna. Lots of people are confused by this show of respect to the late queen," he said. Then he put his hand under my chin and raised my head until I was looking him right into his face.

It was like he pulled me into a trance with his rainbow eyed stare. Only until Corbyn came out of nowhere did our intense staring match cease. "How are things with you Jasper," Corbyn asked slapping him on the back and pulling his attention away from me.

I turned my head to find Arabella staring at me all wide eyed. Her honey eyes wide in disbelief at what just happened, "I can't believe that just happened between you and the prince," she hurriedly whispered.

"Isn't he just so handsome, Anna?" she asked, "Uh yeah if that's your cup of tea," I said. Sure he was cute, but he wasn't something I'd go gaga over. "I forgot you fancy yourself some Corbyn, right sister," Arabella said coyly.

Moving my attention back to my parents and the king, it looked like they were disagreeing about something. I had this sinking feeling in my chest, like something wasn't right with us coming here. I just can't put my finger on it.