A Gypsy in the Castle

A little sunlight streamed onto my face as I awoke to Corbyn's chilled embrace. Stretching I sat up and looked at Corbyn's sleeping form. I wanted to touch his raven hair, but I knew it would wake him if he already wasn't up.

I would face my family today the same family that lied to me for years. And condemned me as a sacrifice for the king and Bella as a wife for the prince. Even though I'm hurt by this turn of events I'd rather it be me to die than Bella. However it would be great if I didn't have to die myself.

"What are you thinking about?" Corbyn asked, "Nothing," I replied offhandedly. Then I leaned down and pressed a bold kiss upon his cool lips. "Thirsty," I asked while exposing my neck. His black eyes now tinged red, held a hunger in them. He licked his lips, "As delicious as you look I must decline," with that he got up and slipped his shirt back on.

"I have a long day ahead of me," he spoke while striding towards the door. "Can I join you," I begged not wanting to see my parents. I thought he was going to say yes from the wistful look he wore. He just chuckled and shook his head no.

"You want answers right," I nodded. "The only way to get them is by facing your parents and the king." With those parting words he left. The beginnings of a headache plagued my mind. Silently I dressed trying to mentally prepare myself for the day that lay ahead. The king once again picked out a hideous dress for me to wear.

It was peach colored with puffy sleeves and cinched waist. I was forced to wear a corset with it once an attending maid checked in on me. A question lingered on my mind; "Do you all leave the palace once the royals go to bed?" she stopped almost bewildered at my inquiry.

"Yes, we do. All workers are forbidden to roam the west wing of the palace after ten. It's a tradition for them and us. The royal family needs their privacy," she said in a rehearsed manner. I hummed in acknowledgment. Strange I would have thought they kept their attendants around all day every day.

"What time do you come back?" "At eight in order to serve breakfast at nine," she gave my corset one last tug and deemed me ready. Smoothing my bed hair, she took hot tongs and rolled my hair into soft ringlets.

Then she lightly powered my face and slipped heeled shoes on my feet. Gently she lead me to a full length mirror, "May I say Lady Anna you look a full-fledged lady of the court," I murmured my thanks to taken away by my appearance to show my full appreciation.

She was right my face was like a doll's, making my eyes bright and humongous. My waist was tiny due to the corset. I had the body of dancer. My appearance screamed elegance and sophistication. I spun around feeling like a princess.

My attendant gasped and ran to some random drawer and pulled out a matching diamond necklace and earrings. "I almost forgot these precious babies," I shook my head declining them. Fearing it would look too much on me, but she smiled and put then on anyway.

Gazing back in the mirror I took my own breathe away. I would try my upmost not to ruin my new look, "You look like ahh precious doll malady," she spoke letting out some of her country drawl. "Mystics we're running late for breakfast," she hurriedly pushed me from the room and quickly steeped towards the dining room.

After breakfast malady come back to your room so I can refresh your look," she said out of breath. Finally we made it to those heavy oak doors. Giving me one final once over she squeezed my hand and smiled. The guards quirked their eyebrows, "its Lady Anna," she said to them and walked off. They pushed open the doors, "Your majesties may I present to you pureblood Lady Anna."

"My apologies for my lateness King Eren and Prince Jasper of the Northern Capital," I said in a deep curtsy. "You may rise Anna," the king spoke in a baritone rich voice. I rose and locked eyes with everyone in the room. It was so silent you could hear a pin from two doors down.