Always Interrupted

Hey guys I just wanted to give you a little warning that near the end of the chapter things get a little pg 13 or 14 so yeah read at your own discretion. Don't judge or hate to hard if it sucks cause its my first time writing something a little steamy. So without further ado heres the newest chapter. 

Anna

My parents and the king talked for about five more minutes. I watched my parents sadly nod their heads and bow to him before they walked back over to us. "Let's go girls we have to visit your grandmamma," "Yes father," we said. Arabella and I curtsied to the king and prince and headed to the door.

"Wait what about Corbyn," I asked. "What about him," mother snapped, "His time with us is over. He can do as he pleases now and not have to worry about us." I shut my mouth and thought that's true. I may never see him again. I quickly looked back.

I saw he was looking at me through the slowly closing doors. A foreign look lay in those onyx eyes, maybe it was a trick of light, but they looked almost sad. Then they shifted into their usual cocky glint and he winked and turned his gaze back to the prince.

We walked back out into the large courtyard area were a carriage waited for us. Once again Nathan was our driver and he helped us ladies into the carriage. "My mother doesn't live too far off from the castle. So this ride shouldn't take more than ten minutes."

"Father what were you, mother, and the king discussing?" I asked, "Nothing that concerns you Anna," he says patting my hands reassuringly.

TEN MINUTES LATER

We pull up to a cottage with clouds of smoke expelling from the chimney. Father is the first to get out and rush inside the smoke producing house and comes back out minutes later covered in soot. We girls emerge from the carriage and head inside the house.

"Mystics what happened in here?" mother asks. The whole house seemed to be in layers of ash and the fireplace is all but up in flames, making the house a smoldering hot pot. "Don't mind these mess we tried to make you guys a nice dinner without the help of magic."

Arielle explains, "What are you doing here?" I ask the soot covered witch. Sure she's employed under the king as a royal ambassador witch. Which is basically saying she can do anything she wants as long as it doesn't go against the rule of the king.

"Well I heard the king's right hand witch was on death's door, so I thought well I am great friends with her family why not offer my services and get her better. And she is yay!" she exclaimed. "She is that's great," Arabella joined in Arielle enthusiasm. Everyone instantly gave out prayers of thankfulness and cheered for grandmamma's renewed health.

It was at this moment I knew my parents were hiding something from me. I didn't know how I knew, I just had this feeling that this was all fake. Its seemed like everyone we met had been dropping hints or saying things that for some reason angered my parents.

Cordelia and her cryptic statements about us coming to the capital and saying that lies will soon be exposed. Corbyn talking about don't lets what going to happen change me, makes me think whatever's going to happen to me won't be good.

The only thing that bothers me is that I wonder if Arabella knows what's going on or has she been blindly lead just like me. My gut is telling me she does, but my heart doesn't want to believe it. It seems like everyone around me knows what I don't.

"Aren't you happy for grandmamma's Magnolia renewed health? Anna," Arabella asks of me. "Yes I'm just bursting from the pure joy of it all. I just can't believe." I say. "Where is my mother," father asks of the witch. "In the back room cleaning off," she responds.