Into the Wolves Den Part 2

A Town of Wolves

Anna

If the strange man's eyebrows had shot up any higher they would have flew off his face. He looked ready to strangle the life out of Corbyn who wore a cocky smirk. Sprouts of fur started to appear on the man's body and I realized what he was.

A werewolf. Just as quickly, as the fur came it left and the scowl on his face was replaced by an easygoing smile. "Go back to the pack house and see the healers," the man said to the injured wolf. It made a whining noise of protest, but quickly got moving when a growl sounded from his mouth.

"I'm going to let you slide just this once because I have better things to do than deal with you," the man said focusing his attention back on Corbyn.

"Aww really well there goes my chance to fight the big bad alpha of the Hellhound Pack." Corbyn said with glee in his voice, his eyes still bright red. "That's too bad Corbyn I was also looking forward to killing the king's little messenger bat."

The playful look in Corbyn red eyes were replaced by a hard glare and a guttural sound made its way from his throat. "Leave now there are lycans roaming this forest," "What! If there were lycans I would have smelled them and I all I smell here are stinking wolves."

"It's a full moon tonight and there are lycans out. Your nose must be broken because the woods reek of them." Corbyn let out a deep sigh and looked the strange man right in his eyes.

" How about you forget my flea bag comment from earlier and take my travel companions over there to your pack house," Now it time for my eyebrows to fly off my face what was he thinking. To send us to a pack of werewolves we would surely get attacked.

When father made a noise of disapproval, the werewolf man gaze shifted over us. His nose made a twitch like move most likely sniffing the air. From where he was, I could see his eyes widen and he whipped his head back toward Corbyn.

"Purebloods...their purebloods.'' He shook his head in disbelief. "Why are you travelling with a group of purebloods? How is it that you haven't been attacked yet?"

"That's none of your business and like I said I need you to take them with you," Corbyn said with urgency. "Oh I see you need my pack to help protect these guys tonight. What's in it for me? "You know exactly what you'll be getting if you do this." Corbyn said looking straight at father. Father slowly nodded his head apparently agreeing to whatever Corbyn was promising this man.

"Alright let's get going ladies and gentleman. Oh and my name is Alpha Griffin, but you can just call me Griffin." He said making his over to us and picking up the still knocked out Arabella. Corbyn started heading the opposite direction. "Wait Corbyn where are you going," I said running over to him.

As I was about to grab his shoulder to stop him he whipped around and grabbed my hand. I gasped at his new appearance. Instead of two sharpened pairs of fangs, all of the teeth in his mouth were pointed. Those onyx eyes of his were swirling hues of red and yellow and his face and clothes were painted with blood.

"What happened to you," I stuttered out. Corbyn shut his eyes in annoyance and told me to follow Griffin. Letting my bruised hand out of his steel grip he continued on his way. Walking back to our group I heard Griffin say that vampires were monsters that hid behind the mask of a normal face.

"Unlike them we werewolves aren't afraid to show our true selves because it's a big part of who we are. Vamps on the other hand are cowards and hid their true selves behind closed doors. Betcha didn't see that coming girlie." Griffin said to me.

Deciding to change the subject, I asked what lycans were. "Well," he said, shifting my still passed out sister in his arms '' It's kinda hard to explain.They're like us full breed werewolves in a way, but are still like hybrids because wolf genes aren't the only things in their blood. They can only shift on full moons like this one tonight," he said gazing up at the large moon that hung in the darkened sky.