Boyfs- A Nerd and a Jock

AU where Jeremy is a nerd and Michael is a jock bc why not

Also, make sure you check out my other one shot book!

"Does everyone have a partner?" The teacher asked, scanning the room. Jeremy tried to sink lower in his seat, but sadly the teacher still saw him.

"Jeremy! You need a partner. Who else doesn't have a partner?" Jeremy glanced at the floor, his face turning bright red at all the attention.

"I-I uh, I don't Miss." Jeremy recognized Michael's voice coming from the back of the classroom. "I'll go with Jeremy. If that's okay with you, dude?" Michael asked.

Jeremy nodded, not looking at him yet. "Perfect! Now everyone, I expect a full page, no double spacing, and only one line of heading. Now go!" The teacher said, dismissing the class to work.

"So, I was thinking, maybe we could do the-"

"You don't... you don't have to actually work with me." Jeremy started, interrupting Michael. "I can, I can do the whole thing and just... put your name on it."

"What?" Michael asked.

"I'll, I'll do the project." Jeremy mumbled, packing up his supplies. "That way, that way you can talk to your friends and, and not have to do a stupid assignment."

"Dude, I want to do this project. I like history." Michael said, crossing his arms. "Do you think, just because I play football, that I just, don't like to do school work?"

"Well, I mean-"

"And who says I have friends?" Michael asked. "And before you say anything, I mean like, real friends, who know I like Star Trek and shit like that."

Jeremy blinked, not fully understanding. "You... you like Star Trek?"

"Uh, yeah? It's way better than Star Wars in my opinion. Trek is just like, more peaceful, and way smarter, you know?"

"Oh my god." Jeremy smiled wide, showing off his blue braces. "I don't, I didn't know anyone else who likes Star Trek."

"See? There's more to me than what meets the eye." Michael winked, making Jeremy blush. "So, wanna work on the project at home? My house?"

Jeremy nodded, smiling.

"Oh hey, can I have your number? For the project. And to rant about Star Trek." Jeremy laughed, rummaging through his backpack to find his phone.

Jeremy got out his old school flip phone, handing it to Michael. Michael studied the object in his hands, and Jeremy was afraid Michael was going to make fun of him. "I-I know, I know it's not an IPhone, but-"

"No, no, it's just." Michael put his finger up, and pulled out his phone out of his pocket. He handed it to Jeremy, and Jeremy almost burst out laughing.

"Really? We have the same phone?" Jeremy asked. "We're more alike than I thought."

Michael chuckled, nodding his head. "This projects gonna be hilarious."