Boyf Riends-Little Mermaid pt4

Michael was the first to pull away.

"Wow." He breathed out. "That was-"

He was cut off by knocking at the door. "Um, I'm sorry to intrude, your maje- um, Michael, but uh, she's here..."

Michael sighed. "We will be out in a moment. Thank you, Evan."

Once he heard Evan go away, he turned back towards Jeremy. "Okay, how the hell are we gonna tell my dad?"

Michael held Jeremy's hand as they calmly walked into the dining room. Michael held a casual, confident demeanor, but they were both scared of how their actions would be treated.

Guards Connor and Jared shared a knowing look as they glanced at the boy's intertwined hands. The opened the grand doors for them, silently wishing the two princes good luck.

"Ah, and here he comes now!" The king clapped his hands as the dissatisfied princess turned to face Michael. She glanced at the boys hands and rolled her eyes, but she gave a small smile.

The king rushed over to his son, angrily whispering in his ear. "What are you doing? Think of the kingdom!"

"I. Am." Michael said through gritted teeth. Clearing his throat, he calmly got everyone's attention.

"Friends, and Princess Chloe," Chloe let out a snicker at his sassy attitude.
"I would just like to say, that I have literally no interest in the princess, because I don't like girls. I know you don't understand that Dad," Michael turned to his father, who's face had grown pale at his sons words. "But I am gay. And I'm pretty sure Chloe is too."

"Hell yeah, son." Chloe smiled, tossing her hair back.

"Point proven. Dad, I love you, but you can't force this on me. I'm a teen, not just some chess piece in your own little game. Besides, I'm not too into marriage right now. I just kinda wanna... date. Specifically, Jeremy." He held up both of their hands, and Jeremy tried to cover his blushing face.

His father took a step back. "What has gotten into you? You know royals don't marry non-royals! And a boy, non the less." He made a face. "It would be a disgrace to the family's name!"

Before one of the guards could protest, Michael raised his free hand. "Dad, we came to this land to allow our people free will, yet you're denying it to your own son?" He shook his head. "Pretty low blow if you ask me. And anyway, Jeremy is royal. You probably won't believe me, but that's fine. I don't expect you too. All I ask is that you like, chill a bit. Let people live and love who they love."

"A-and sir, if I may?" Evan meekly asked Michael for permission to talk.

"Go ahead Evan." Evan quietly thanked him.

Evan cleared his throat and looked down at the floor. "Sire, no one in the kingdom is straight."

As if to prove a point, the two guards both grabbed Evans hands, causing Evans face to turn red.

The king couldn't think of anything to say, so he left the room in a fit of anger.

Jeremy stared at the floor in shame as the king walked out. "I'm sorry I caused this Michael."

Michael lifted up Jeremy's head, and kissed him softly on the lips. "Hey, don't worry. He needed to know at some point in time."

"Hey, sorry to interrupt, but thank you Mikey." Chloe smiled. "You rejecting me might make my parents accept my first marriage proposal."

"No problem, Chloe. And great job boys, I'm proud of you." Michael turned towards the trio, still holding hands.

"It was an honor, sir." Jared bowed, jokingly. "And don't worry, we all saw that," Jared motioned towards the two boys intertwined hands. "Coming. I mean, Evan shipped it the most, but..."

The group all laughed, happy despite what just happened.

Good job, Jeremy Heere. I'm proud.