I shut the car door and walked next to the shorter girl. I zipped up my nike windbreaker and put my ID around my neck. I reached to grab Camila's hand but she beat me to it. She laced our fingers together and sent me a tight smile.

"You nervous?" I asked.

"A little." She admitted. "But I'll be fine." She added. She gripped my hand and continued walking. I lead us towards the entrance of the school. We passed a group of kids that were sitting on the steps. I felt a couple of stares on me and Camila, but I ignored them.

We walked hand in hand through the crowded hallway until we were met with Dinah. She approached us with her usual smirk then looked down at our hands. She gasped in shock and looked back at our faces.

"Are you two public now?!"

"Yup." Camila answered.

Dinah squealed in excitement. I chuckled at the Polynesian's reaction. She clapped her hands and wrapped her arms around both of us. "I'm proud of you Mila." She said once she released us. I looked up when the bell rang.

"Let's get to class before Mr. Wilson gets all mad and pops a vein." Dinah rolled her eyes.

I laughed as we speed walked to our first period. The teacher was about to shut the door, but I quickly grabbed the handle and stopped it from closing. He turned around and lowered his glasses when we entered the room. I quickly went to my seat in the back before he could say anything. I dropped my bag on the desk and sat down. My eyes looked around the room as the teacher began his lesson. I internally cheered when I noticed Austin wasn't in class today.

Thank you Allysus.

I grabbed an English textbook from under the desk and flipped to the page the rest of the class was on. I wasn't really going to pay attention, but I at least had to make it seem like I was so I wouldn't get in trouble. I gazed out the window and zoned out.

——

Half of the school day went by pretty quick. It was now lunch time. I leaned against the wall outside of Camila's fourth period and watched all the students rush out. Camila didn't see me when she walked out of the room because she was talking to one of her friends.

I approached them from behind, casually draping my arm over Camila's shoulder. She jumped in surprise and looked at me.

"Shit. You scared me." She chuckled and shoved me. I laughed and pulled her into a hug. I looked back at her friend who was watching us with a curious smile. I recognized the girl because she was also friends with Shawn, but I couldn't remember what her name was.

"Y/N this is Hailee, she's on the cheerleading team with me. Hailee this is Y/N." Camila introduced us to each other while still walking.

"We've met before." Hailee stated with a smile.

"Hailee, right." I chuckled and waved at the girl. I moved my attention back to Camila.

"How was class?" I asked.

"It was alright. Nothing interesting." She shrugged with a smile.

I hummed in response and kept walking. I noticed Hailee kept stealing unsubtle small glances at Camila and I as we walked towards the lunch area. She finally said something when we reached the cafeteria.

"Not to be nosy or anything, but are you two together?" She asked with a smile.

"Yeah." Camila nodded.

"Oh my god! Cute!" Hailee gushed happily.

"Thanks." Camila and I both said.

She nodded, "Well I'm going to go. I'll see you at practice Camila. Bye Y/N." Hailee waved at me and Camila hugged the taller girl goodbye.