Chapter 54

July, 2014

I sat on the couch in my apartment, Camila's head in my lap as I ran my fingers through her dark locks. We'd officially moved back in together and alerted the girls that we were once again an item, and all the free time we'd been receiving was more than enough time to make up for the months we'd lost when we were separated. We'd been on countless dates, but more often than not we found ourselves hidden away in the comfort of the apartment, cuddled up on the couch with movie marathons playing on the flat screen overhead. I was happy no matter what we did, and just laying with her was more than enough for me.

There was a forceful knock on our front door, followed by a, "Hey, open up!" from Dinah on the other side. Camila got up to answer the door and I turned around to face the entryway, anxious to find out what the news was. She barely got the door open before Dinah burst inside, carrying her laptop over to the island in the kitchen and waving us over.

"What's going on?" Camila asked.

"You guys need to see this," she answered frantically.

We joined her in the kitchen and waited as she fervently typed in the address. She pulled up YouTube and quickly typed into the search bar, pulling up a variety of different videos and clicking the first one titled, "Austin Mahone Addresses Camila Cabello Dating Rumors."

"Why is this the first I'm hearing of this?" Camila wondered aloud.

"Just watch," Dinah insisted.

She pressed play and the sound spilled through the speakers, clouding my thoughts and the air around us as Austin's voice became audible. He was situated in front of an interviewer on the red carpet, speaking of music related topics when the conversation suddenly switched to none other than my girlfriend.

"So, rumor has it you've been spending a little time with Fifth Harmony's Camila Cabello," the interviewer told him.

"Kind of," Austin shrugged. "I haven't seen her in a while."

"What does that mean? Is there a romance brewing?"

"I don't know," he laughed. "I mean, yeah...she's cute. I like her."

Dinah paused the video and turned around to face us, concern evident in her expression.

"What's the big deal?" I questioned, missing the point by miles. "All he did was call her cute. He's just stating what everyone already knows."

"No, Lo, he said there was a romance brewing," she clarified.

"Dinah, it's not-"

"'Is there a romance brewing between you?' she repeated from the interviews. "'Yeah, she's cute...I like her.' He admitted he likes her."

"What's the problem?" Camila asked. "It's not like I'm going to see him any time soon."

I nodded in agreement and Dinah dropped her gaze to the ground by her feet, too afraid to look either of us in the eye.

"Actually..." she started.

"What?" I demanded quickly. "Actually what?"

"You haven't heard?"

"Dinah, what's going on?" Camila pressed. "Just say it already."

"We're...going on tour with him," she informed us.

My jaw dropped to the ground and Camila ran a nervous hand through her hair. The prospect of his crush on her didn't weigh so heavily when the two of us were together, tucked away in the safety of our apartment, but going on the road with him for several months was a whole different story. I knew his true intentions despite his admitted "crush."