Chapter 52

"Happy birthday!" I exclaimed, wrapping my arms around Normani's neck and squeezing her tightly.

"Thanks, Lo," she squeaked, returning the gesture.

The girls and I, along with the majority of Normani's family members, were gathered around the couch in our living room, exchanging presents and snacking on cupcakes.

"How does it feel to be legal?" Ally asked her.

"Weird," she answered. "I'm an adult now..."

"Don't worry Manibear," Camila cooed. "You may be old now but you're as lively as you were yesterday."

A small chuckle escaped Normani's lips and she shoved Camila's arm playfully, toppling her over onto my lap. She sat up but remained pressed to me, resting her head on my shoulder.

"Are you sure you girls don't want to come to dinner?" Normani's mom asked sympathetically.

"No, it's really okay," I assured her. "You guys go out as a family and have fun. We need a break from Mani every now and then anyway."

Her mother laughed and kissed her head, wrapping her arm around her shoulders and pulling her into her body.

"We should probably get going," she announced. "Don't want to miss our reservations."

Normani stood off the couch and grabbed her jacket, walking towards the door with her family.

"Will you guys be okay without me?" she questioned.

"I think we'll survive," Dinah teased. "Have fun!"

Normani smiled and walked out of the apartment, leaving the rest of us in a comfortable silence until Ally stood up and stretched.

"Anyone want to go shopping with me?" she asked.

Dinah's hand shot into the air faster than we could register and she sprung off the couch, sprinting towards the door and holding it open halfway.

"Mila, you coming?" she wondered.

"Nah," Camila shrugged. "I'm not really in a shopping mood."

Dinah looked towards me and I shook my head no. I wasn't in a shopping mood either, but it was mostly because I was only in a Camila mood. I savored every second of alone time I had with her. It was a gift, definitely not something I had any intentions of wasting.

"Suit yourselves," Dinah huffed, walking out the door with Ally on her trail.

Camila snatched the remote off the coffee table and flipped the TV on, leaning back so she was sprawled across my lap with her head on my shoulder. I loved holding her. I loved the weight of her body on mine and the warmth that she emitted and the way I could feel her shake with laughter. I wrapped my arms around her and kissed the top of her head and she looked up at me in response, biting down on her bottom lip in the way that only she was capable of. It was so adorable yet so arousing, and all I wanted to do was kiss her.

"Why'd you turn the TV on if you know all we're going to do is make out?" I asked.

She smiled and clicked it off, throwing the remote to the side and repositioning herself so that she was straddling my lap. Both of her hands cupped my face and she pressed her lips gently to mine. She pulled back and stared at me, watching me intently, but for once I didn't think there was anything on her mind except for me. She didn't have that glassy look or distant stare and her eyes didn't wander away from me after a few seconds. She just looked at me. Only me.

"Your eyes are so beautiful," she whispered.

"You're probably just looking at your reflection," I smirked.